The Master of Marketing and Innovation Management is a unique course in Western Australia, developing marketing managers who are able to tackle complex business cases in national and international contexts.
Students in this course will be able to create value for an organisation, their customers, their partners and society at large. They will be equipped with the skills and knowledge required for a career in customer, product, brand and revenue management, and the skills to research the needs of customers, bring new and innovative products to market, manage channel partners and manage customer satisfaction and loyalty.
This Masters course provides students with the skills, theory and practical experience to audit a market, identify opportunities, and create, implement and manage marketing processes and plans.
Academic Admission requirements (Band 8)
Academic admission requirements (Band 8) may be satisfied through the completion of one of the following:
- Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline; or
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years of relevant professional experience.
English Language requirements (Band 4)
English competency requirements may be satisfied through the completion of one of the following:
- IELTS Academic Overall band minimum score of 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0);
- Bachelor degree from a country specified on the English Proficiency Bands page;
- Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at postgraduate level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent);
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years of relevant professional experience; or
- Other tests, courses or programmes defined on the English Proficiency Bands page.
Pixabay / Pexels
- Semester 1: Study full-time at Joondalup
- Semester 2: Study full-time at Joondalup
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|FBL5010||Managing People and Organisations||20|
|FBL5030||Fundamentals of Value Creation in Business||20|
|MKT6304||New Product Development||20|
|MKT6308||Current Issues in Marketing||20|
|CMM5170||Advertising and Brand Awareness||20|
|MBA6090||Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity||20|
|Select one unit from:|
|MKT6320 ^||Marketing Research Project 1||20|
|BUS6900 ^||Management Practicum||20|
^ Core Option
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply critical thinking and technical skills to solve authentic business problems.
- Demonstrate effective communication and teamwork skills appropriate to cultural contexts.
- Demonstrate mastery of a global body of marketing and innovation knowledge and practice, including knowledge of research principles and methods
- Independently initiate, plan and execute a substantial project to meet agreed deliverables.
- Justify decisions and judgements that address a complex business issue considering the ethical and social consequences.
Accredited by: Australian Marketing Institute (AMI)
Graduates will be equipped to further their career progression in one of the many marketing disciplines. For those already in senior management, the degree delivers advanced professional development in strategic areas of marketing, such as global marketing, product and service innovation management, and strategic marketing.
Possible future job titles
Marketing Director, Marketing Manager, Sales Manager, Brand Manager, Product and Advertising Manager, Market Researcher.
About the School
At ECU we are guided by our values of integrity, respect, rational inquiry and personal excellence. Our focus on teaching and research is inspired by engagement and partnerships with those in the many ... Read More