The Master of Management is an international one-year master program (in English) that prepares students for a career in dynamic, international business environments.
The program focuses on confronting students with challenging strategic business problems to familiarize them with all major aspects of a business. The program is tailored at bachelor and master graduates who aim to widen their scope of international management as well as to deepen their knowledge of and capabilities in Business Process Management (BPM) or international marketing strategy (IMS) - two specialization tracks of the program.
The program does not only apply to (business) economics students but also to university graduates in non-economic subject areas, such as engineers, lawyers, psychologists, etc.
Strengths of the Master of Management
The Master of Management program aims to develop the following competencies:
- The graduate of the Master of Management is capable of identifying and deconstructing complex business problems, stemming from both an organizational and a strategic origin.
- The graduate is capable of evaluating, selecting, and applying suitable methodologies, tools, and techniques to analyze complex business problems in order to make hands-on, high-quality recommendations to improve both tactic and strategic decisions.
- The graduate is capable of defending suitable, high-quality business strategy options on the basis of their implications.
- The graduate is capable of translating strategic decisions into lower-level goals and key performance indicators.
- The graduate is capable of working in a multinational and interdisciplinary context, with an attitude that reflects the following elements: critical reflection, constructive arguing, professional communication, efficient collaboration, effective self-management, ethical behavior and sustainability.
Students can choose between a specialization in:
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- International Marketing Strategy (IMS)
Specific Admission Requirements
Hasselt University will assess students individually on the basis of their previous academic record and qualifications. General requirements imply diploma requirements and language requirements. The Examination Board of the program evaluates each application individually with regard to the applicant’s academic record. Depending on previous qualifications, you may have to complete a preparatory or bridging program.
- Holders of (at least) an academic bachelor’s degree in Applied Economics, Business Economics, or Business Engineering of an EU university.
- Holders of a foreign degree that is equivalent to one of the Flemish degrees mentioned above and that has been awarded after at least 180 ECTS credits (or three years of full-time study) at a university or institute of higher education.
Admitted conditionally via a preparatory program:
Applicants holding a non-economic or non-management/ business academic degree will have to complete a preparatory program that is tailored to their specific background before they can be admitted to the master program.
English language skills (both written and spoken) need to be confirmed by a recent score on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL paper-based: score 550 or more, computer-based: score 213 or more, internet-based: score 79-80) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS overall band score 6.5) or any recognized proficiency test.
This program enables students to function optimally within organizations and to assume management functions, especially in the context of dynamic international markets. Competencies such as project teamwork, creative business problem solving and management reporting will be developed. Alumni occupy prominent functions in companies all around the world. They testify to the dynamism of our high-level training.
Graduates with the specialization International Marketing Strategy (IMS) take up marketing management functions in high-tech multinational firms. Graduates with the specialization Management Information Systems (MIS) become ICT consultants or ICT project managers.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 9, 2018