The McGill Bensadoun Master of Management in Retailing (MMR) degree is a 16-month specialized program (12 months for those with extensive retail experience) to prepare future leaders in the ever-evolving field of retail with a strong emphasis on experiential learning.
The MMR program is designed to address the growing needs of companies (especially those in fashion, food, intelligent mobility, and media/hospitality) for well-rounded creative and analytical leadership in retail.
The program will emphasize learning how to solve managerial problems – using state-of-the-art data analytics tools and creative and design thinking to make optimal organizational decisions in a variety of managerial settings. To find out more join us for an online information session or register your interest in our program here.
Who is the MMR best suited for?
The MMR is designed for:
- Students with an undergraduate degree in any discipline, who have specific professional retail experience and are interested in learning new skills to level up their retail career or transition into another aspect of the retail business (i.e. from store manager to retail strategy analyst).
- Students with an undergraduate degree in a related discipline (such as engineering, computer science, statistics), who have the technical skills and are interested in learning the retail business combined with leadership skills.
- Students with an undergraduate degree in any discipline with a strong interest in the emerging field of retail and some analytical and computer acumen.
- The MMR is a pre-experience program, therefore no prior work experience is required. Preference will be given to candidates with retail experience, although it is not required.
- Core (21 credits)
- Electives (15 credits)
- Experiential (9 credits)
- 16 months (12 months for Fast Track)
You are about to make the best decision for your career! The McGill Bensadoun Master of Management in Retailing degree is designed for high-achieving, ambitious retail professionals and students interested in a future career in retail. It is a pre-experience program, therefore no prior work experience is required. Although not essential, preference will be given to candidates with retail experience.
The MMR program is designed for recent graduates with a Bachelor of Arts, Commerce, Economics, Engineering, or Science degree and with proven quantitative skills.
You can apply during the final year of your bachelor’s degree studies, however, admission would be conditional upon obtaining your bachelor’s degree prior to starting our program.
Students with a three-year bachelor's degree from an international university are also eligible to apply and can determine the equivalency of their degrees. Find out more about the MMR admissions process.
MMR admissions criteria and decisions are based on the following application requirements:
- Undergraduate degree and any additional academic qualifications.
- Transcripts in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by a certified English or French translation.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- All applicants—except those with a graduate or undergraduate degree from any Canadian or US University—must complete the GMAT or GRE.
- Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of reference
- Application fee
- A non-refundable fee of CAD $120.00 must accompany each application. Applications cannot be submitted without this fee. This sum must be paid by credit card.
About the School
The Desautels Faculty of Management at McGill University is ranked as one of the world’s top international business schools. The Faculty’s innovative programs and historic reputation for excellence co ... Read More