Thrive in a Fast-Growing Field with the Tulane Master of Management in Energy (MME)
The Freeman School’s Master of Management in Energy (MME) is a 10-month STEM-certified program strategically designed around the business of energy.
As an MME student, you’ll acquire specialized industry knowledge, opening the door to a world of opportunity in energy-related fields, including energy banking and finance, energy trading, risk management, electric power generation, renewables and energy data analytics.
Beginning with an intensive summer session, the MME curriculum has been designed by a team of faculty members along with industry professionals who work with our faculty and recruit our students. Additionally, you’ll have access to industry leaders and cutting-edge research through the Tulane Energy Institute.
Are you ready to catapult your career in an ever-growing field?
Experience Freeman Learning
Developed with extensive input from industry professionals, our one-of-a-kind curriculum focuses on providing you with technical expertise and job-ready skills. You’ll learn all the fundamentals of energy, from exploration and production to more advanced topics like risk management and strategy.
Our expert faculty members will facilitate your mastery by guiding you through industry examples, case studies, database utilization and hands-on exercises in the Trading Center - our $3 million simulated trading floor equipped with the industry-leading software.
The MME curriculum has been designed by a team of faculty members along with industry professionals who work with our faculty and recruit our students. The faculty integrates energy topics into courses through energy industry examples, state-of-the-art applications, leading-edge databases, projects, and cases.
The MME program begins with an intensive summer session that provides an introduction to the energy industry and focuses on sharpening computing and financial modeling skills. The fall semester strengthens core quantitative skills while broadening the perspective on the energy industry. Spring schedules are heavy with advanced energy courses that emphasize expertise and job-ready skills.
- Orientation, Career Development Workshops, and Field Trips
- Introduction to Energy Finance, Includes Excel VBA Lab - ENRG 6000 (3 credits)
- Energy Modeling - ENRG 7110 (3 credits)
- Energy Accounting and Valuation - ENRG 7210 (3 credits)
- Energy Data Analysis - ENRG 7120 (3 credits)
- Energy and Environmental Economics - ENRG 7130 (3 credits)
- Energy Fundamentals and Trading - ENRG 7200 (3 credits)
- Approved Graduate Electives (3 credits)
- Energy Risk Management - ENRG 7500 (3 credits)
- Energy Projects - ENRG 7820 (3 credits)
- Approved Graduate Electives (9 credits)
Approved Graduate Electives
- Accounting Analytics - ACCN 7290 (3 credits)
- Energy Markets, Institutions, and Policy - ENRG 7100 (3 credits)
- Advanced Energy Trading and Finance - ENRG 7300 (3 credits)
- Energy Trading: Wholesale Electric Markets - ENRG 7610 (3 credits)
- Energy Investment Banking - ENRG 7730 (3 credits)
- Energy Seminar: Sustainability and Renewable Power in the Electric Power Market - ENRG 7920 (3 credits)
- Burkenroad Reports for Financial Analysts - FINE 7530 (3 credits)
- Modeling and Analytics - MGSC 7310 (3 credits)
- Advanced Spreadsheet Modeling - MGSC 7320 (3 credits)
- Venture Capital and Private Equity - FINE 7140 (3 credits)
- Econometrics and Forecasting - FINE 7510 (3 credits)
Tulane Energy Institute
The Tulane Energy Institute fosters student interest and expertise in the energy industry, propelling graduates into top positions in one of the world’s most dynamic fields. Our students access the cutting-edge work being done at a broad spectrum of energy companies, as well as companies that serve the industry, enhancing employment opportunities for graduates.
Take advantage of Freeman’s prime location in a major energy hub – Louisiana is a leader in crude oil and natural gas production, and the Gulf of Mexico was the birthplace for many of the technological innovations that led to deep-water exploration and production globally. In addition, numerous oil and gas facilities, refineries, and petrochemical plants are located along the Louisiana and Texas coasts.
Our graduates launch careers across the energy industry and more, with exceptional placement in corporate finance, banking and consulting. Here are just some of the companies where you’ll find our graduates.
- Capital One
- JP Morgan
- Phillips 66
- Whitney Bank
Global Is Our Local
Living in New Orleans creates unique opportunities that enrich professional and personal growth. Freeman welcomes students from around the globe because we know the best leaders are those who know how to recognize, respect and leverage diversity. The diversity of our students and the excellence of our reputation translate into a valuable global network for graduates.
Our application process is designed to be completed entirely online. We will review applications for admission with unofficial transcripts and score reports. Official copies of transcripts and test scores are required at the time enrollment is confirmed.
- Online Application Form ($125 application fee)
- Resume (uploaded online)
- One Essay (uploaded online)
- One Letter of Recommendation (submitted online)
- Undergraduate Transcript/s from Accredited University (uploaded online)
- GMAT Score Report or GRE Score Report (uploaded online)
In addition, international students are required to submit
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Score Report
- Affidavit of Support and financial documentation certifying funds
- A course by course transcript evaluation if educated outside of the United States.