Make the pursuit of knowledge your ultimate goal with the Master of Management by Research – a programme aimed at honors and post-graduate students seeking to further build on their qualifications in a related field of study. Awarded on the basis of a supervised thesis, the MM in Research offers focused analysis in the areas of finance, management, and work-related disciplines, giving students the opportunity to expand their horizons and continue down the path of higher learning and understanding.
The MM by Research comprises a fill dissertation, which you will produce under the guidance of a supervisor and which must be completed in one year for full-time students or two years for part-time students. You will attend a research seminar series in the first six months of the year which will assist with your dissertation.
- Seminar series: Conceptualising and Developing your Research Proposal, Locating the Conceptual Foundation of your Research, Qualitative Methodology, Quantitative Methodology
- Prepare MM by Research proposal
- Present proposal (within one year of starting)
- Proceed with research (on approval of proposal), providing written reports every 6 months
- Thesis examined by two examiners
- A bachelor’s degree with honors (1st grade or upper 2nd class grade)
- An outline of your proposed research (2 000 to 3 000 words)
- Availability of a suitable supervisor
- High level of motivation and commitment
- Letter of motivation
- A 12-page proposal
- Certified academic certificates
- Certified academic transcripts/records
- SAQA evaluation certificate (for students whose prior degrees were not awarded by a South African university)
- Proof of English language proficiency (for students who have not studied at tertiary level in English)
- Non-refundable application fee
- Management Part 3 Word Format (to be downloaded, completed and submitted)
- Complete the online application form on the following link https://www.wits.ac.za/applications/
MM by Research Guideline Document
Checklist Explanation document
Terms and Conditions For Online PG Funding Applications
Financial Assistance - https://www.wits.ac.za/internationalstudents/financial-information/how-to-pay/
University Rules and Regulations - https://www.wits.ac.za/media/wits-university/students/academic-matters/documents/CLM Rules and Syllabuses 20
Financial Assistance - https://www.wits.ac.za/study-at-wits/fees-and-funding/
Note: If a link above doesn't work, please copy and paste the URL into a browser.
Mmabatho Leeuw, Ph.D. Programme Manager
011 717 3621
Disclaimer: Cancellation of programmes by WBS
- WBS is entitled to cancel or change the date of delivery of a programme without notice and for any reason without incurring any liability to individuals who have applied or are enrolled on the programme or any funders of such individuals (“participants” or “funders of participants”).
- Without derogating from the aforesaid, and insofar as it possible, WBS will provide the participants or funders of the participants with 30 (thirty days) days written notice of any cancellation or changes in the dates of delivery of the programme.
- Insofar as the programme is canceled or rescheduled prior to delivery of the programme then in that event the participants and funders of the participants will not be charged the full programme fees.
Program taught in: