This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- In-depth knowledge and a wide range of skills in Islamic Finance, banking and investment, that allow students to be capable of meeting the growing needs of the industry.
- Support in the vision and ambition of the Malaysian government to make Malaysia a centre of innovation and excellence in the Islamic financial world.
Full-time (12-18 months)
Part-time (24+ months)
|Dual Degree Award:
Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.750 or equivalent as acceptable by the Senate; OR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent but for CGPA below 2.75 and above CGPA 2.50; can be accepted provided that the candidates must have ten years working experience in relevant field.
- Graduates of equivalent qualifications who have several years of relevant industry experience.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS 6.0 or above or TOEFL 550 or above.
Who should attend
This programme is specifically designed to produce professionals equipped with expertise in both the conventional finance and Shariah for a career in the banking services or investment as well as any Islamic financial institutions. It is also for those executives and managers desiring specialisation in Islamic banking and finance in order to assist personal development and career advancements in the banking and finance industry.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to :
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of contemporary issues in Islamic and conventional finance and ability to compare and contrast between Islamic and conventional financial markets in a global setting.
- Identify the ethical and legal responsibilities in Islamic and conventional finance and determine their impact on financial decision making.
- Plan and conduct a research project in a professional and ethical manner.
- Analyze and respond to Islamic financial management problems and opportunities to think critically and suggest possible solutions.
- Conceptualize Islamic financial management issues into coherent written statements and oral presentations.
Modules & Project/Dissertation
The modules of this programme will provide the knowledge and analytical skills to explore and explain the principles and practices of Islamic banking and finance.
The dissertation helps you to develop the kind of skills you will need for work in a variety of careers, as well as to develop your specific ability to research and analyse academic problems.
The research will enable you to exercise critical judgment and illustrate how economic analysis has relevance to financial decision making. The main purpose of this dissertation/project undertaking is to allow you to explore your area of interest and to apply the right approach or methodology and again to arrive at the rightful solutions that best suit or solve the problems at hands. You will be expected to deal with your chosen topic in a competent and scholarly manner, and to display critical discrimination and a sense of proportion in evaluating evidence and the opinions of others.
MALAYSIAN STUDENT FEES:
Total: RM 29,500 + £250
HIDE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FEES:
Total: RM 36,800 (USD 8,770) + £250
All information is correct at the time of publication but is subject to change in the interest of continuous improvement.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 19, 2018