Master of Islamic Banking and Finance
This programme of Master in Islamic Banking and Finance aims to produce graduates that are competent, possessing both in depth knowledge and a wide range of skills in Islamic Finance, banking and investment, making them capable of meeting the growing needs of industry, research and education in Malaysia and worldwide. This programme is also to support the vision and ambition of the government of Malaysia to make Malaysia a centre of innovation and excellence in the Islamic financial world.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent as acceptable by the Senate; OR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent but for CGPA below 2.50; can be accepted provided that the candidates must have 5 years working experience in relevant field.
- Graduates of equivalent qualifications who have several years of relevant industry experience.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS 6.0 or above or TOEFL 550 or above.
Who should attend
This programme is specifically designed to produce professionals equipped with expertise in both the conventional finance and Shariah for a career in the banking services or investment as well as any Islamic financial institutions. It is also for those executives and managers desiring specialisation in Islamic banking and finance in order to assist personal development and career advancements in the banking and finance industry.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to :
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of contemporary issues in Islamic and conventional finance and ability to compare and contrast between Islamic and conventional financial markets in a global setting.
- Identify the ethical and legal responsibilities in Islamic and conventional finance and determine their impact on financial decision making.
- Plan and conduct a research project in a professional and ethical manner.
- Analyze and respond to Islamic financial management problems and opportunities to think critically and suggest possible solutions.
- Conceptualize Islamic financial management issues into coherent written statements and oral presentations.
Programme Modules & Project / Dissertation
The modules of this programme will provide the knowledge and analytical skill to explore and explain the principles and practices of Islamic banking and finance.
|Core Modules||Optional Modules*|
This school offers programs in:
Cost & Fees
- Malaysian Student Fees:
Total: RM 29,500 + £250
- International Student Fees:
Total: RM 36,800 (USD 9,200) + £250