The Master of International Business Economics and Management is a tailor-made program for non-economic graduates. It offers insight into all major disciplines of business economics and management at an academic level.
What is the 'Master of International Business Economics and Management' all about?
The Master in International Business Economics and Management (MIBEM) is a master program for holders of a degree in a non-business economic or management discipline. It prepares for a career in international business through the acquisition of business economic insights, knowledge and management skills.
The curriculum adopts a practical and business-oriented perspective, but still provides a thorough treatment, based on science, of major international business economic and management issues.
As a master of science program, MIBEM relies on insights from scientific research. Its primary purpose is not to prepare graduates for an academic career, but to foster an attitude of autonomous, critical and informed reflection in the search for solutions to concrete business problems. The program instills an international and business- and management-oriented mindset in individuals educated in diverse backgrounds.
Students who have direct access can follow the one-year Master's program. Those who have no direct access, must first follow the 30 credits preparatory program from September till January and start the Master's program in February. They can finish the program in January of the following academic year.
Application deadline for 2018 - 2019
- 1 March 2018 (for non-EEA citizens)
- 1 June 2018 (for EEA citizens)
KU Leuven uses an online application system. You can download and submit your application form via www.kuleuven.be/application. Students with a Flemish degree can consult www.kuleuven.be/studentenadministratie.
Visit the prospective students' website for more information.
More useful information about the program for 2018 -2019 is available here.
EEA citizens: € 906.1
Non-EEA citizens: € 1,750
Is this the right program for me?
The ideal prospective student:
- has obtained an academic bachelor's or master's degree in a non-business economics or management discipline;
- is eager to broaden his/her horizon by acquiring knowledge of business economics and management;
- aims to enhance his/her career opportunities by acquiring general management skills and business knowledge;
- is interested in an international business career;
- feels that a business-oriented, hands-on, critical, interdisciplinary and problem-based learning approach is something for him;
- understands that working in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team is an asset.
The MIBEM program prepares students for management positions in a number of sectors. Obviously, your interest and prior education play a major role in your post-graduation path. Our graduates find employment in a broad range of sectors, including purchasing, sales, marketing, production control, planning and budgeting, financial management and ICT. Other graduates go on to a career in banking and insurance, become civil servants, work in one of the European institutions, or set up their own company.
Students with no economics background are first, if necessary, introduced to the basics of economics and management in a 30 ECTS preparatory program.
After the program a master:
- Is able to apply microeconomic and macroeconomic insights when analyzing the international business context.
- Can analyze, interpret, plan, and evaluate business processes, based on scientific knowledge, and -when relevant- with an explicitly international perspective.
- Understands and can critically assess how societal and international evolutions affect the business world.
- Can identify the risks and challenges of doing business in an international environment, and can provide solutions for dealing with them.
- Possesses managerial and entrepreneurial skills, applied within an international business context, with attention to social and ethical aspects.
- Is able to work on a project basis in a multidisciplinary team, whether or not internationally established.
- Can autonomously conceive, plan, execute and communicate a scientifically grounded research project as a beginning practitioner and with an international mindset.
- Recognizes the importance of lifelong learning and the need for continuing education.
- Specifieke lerarenopleiding economie (Brussel)
- Specifieke lerarenopleiding economie (Antwerpen)
- Specifieke lerarenopleiding economie (Leuven)
- Master in het informatiemanagement (Leuven)
- Master of Information Management (Leuven)
More Information at: Master of International Business Economics and Management - KU Leuven
Program taught in: