You have chosen to enrich your academic knowledge and gain new experiences by studying in MIB program at ACEM!
The program of Master of International Business (MIB) intends to create a community of diverse culture, and aims to train and develop talented students to have a comprehensive understanding of global business and a deep insight into China’s dynamic business environment as well as knowledge about China’s history, culture, law, and policy. Meanwhile, we encourage and facilitate the students to approach and practice in the Chinese industries so that upon graduation they are equipped with both advanced knowledge and practical sense of doing business in China.
MIB curriculum is designed exclusively for international students who are interested in
both international business and Chinese economy.
- Seminars: Regularly invited talks from scholars and business elites.
- Study tour: In the second semester, there will be a study tour for students to visit.
- culturally significant cities in China.
Support from Thesis Supervisor
Starting from the second semester, MIB students will get supervision from a designated faculty member for their thesis.
MIB students have the chance to join an exchange program in the third semester. To broaden the view of students, we suggest students select a country/region other than his/her home country.
SJTU established good partnership with many enterprises. ACEM provides the students with various opportunities to contact the industries, including workshops, company visits, internship preparation, and career development consultancy, etc.
- Culture Class: Paper-cutting, Chinese Calligraphy, Clay-modeling, Tea-making, Zen-meditation.
- Culture Tour: One-day excursions around the city.
- Chat with Dean: Dean or Associate Dean will talk with the students about study, life, and career plans over lunch, coffee or dinner.
- Keep Fit: Hiking in the city, Taijiquan (shadow-boxing).
- Party: Christmas/New year party.
To obtain a Master’s degree from the SJTU, MIB students must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Get at least 32 credits required by the MIB program, including 18 credits compulsory courses;
- Accumulate a final GPA of 2.0 or more for specified courses;
- Participate in an intern project lasting for 10 weeks or longer, or substitute it with an exchange experience delegated by ACEM;
- Submit a required master thesis and pass the oral defense.
MIB is a 2-year program. Major activities are scheduled as followed.
- Study Tour
- Thesis Outline Submission
- International Exchange
- Thesis Proposal
- Thesis Progress Review
- Thesis Panel Review
- Thesis Defense
The study period for master students is generally no more than 3 years starting from the first day of registration as a student of SJTU.
Qualification of Applicants
- Non-Chinese citizen.
- Not currently registered in SJTU at the same degree level.
- Healthy both physically and mentally.
- Outstanding academic performance and potentiality.
- Having obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- IELTS: ≥ 6.0; or TOEFL: ≥ 575(PBT), ≥ 90 (iBT).
- Applicants with GMAT(Program code 6QS-5C-35) or GRE(Program Code 7141) will be preferred.
Native English speaker or the applicants with bachelor degrees in native English nations can be waived from English requirement. GMAT or GRE is optional.
From Dec 1, 2016, to May 31, 2017.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 22, 2017