Why our MIB?
The MIB at Universidad EAFIT provides a unique international and multicultural experience to students from different walks of life.
The MIBs integrated core curriculum covers several key areas in international business: research foundations and statistics, managerial and global economics, strategy, operations and communications. Our courses build on and complement each other.
Our faculty uses a variety of teaching methodologies to develop key capabilities required in the ever-increasing complexity of the global economy and international markets, like active learning, group projects, and simulations.
Part-time MIB (4 semesters)
Students of our regular part-time MIB program will participate during 4 semesters in different courses and activities, requiring approximately 24 hours of classroom presence (also video conference possible) and 72 hours studying remotely per month (6h + 18h per week).
Full-time MIB (2 semesters)
Students who have the opportunity to dedicate all day to studying can plan their courses in a way to realize their full-time MIB in only 2 semesters. Those students will be required to have approximately 48 hours of classroom presence (also video conference possible) and 144 hours studying remotely per month (12h + 36h per week).
- International Management I.
- Intercultural Communication.
- International Marketing and Sales I.
- International Management II.
- International Marketing and Sales II.
- Global Business Ethics.
- Supply Chain Management.
- International Finance.
- International Business Law.
- Innovation and International.
- Entrepreneurship I.
- Research Seminar.
- Company Internationalization I.
- Company Internationalization II.
- Innovation and International Entrepreneurship II.
At least 20% of courses (>1 course per semester) has to be taken on campus.
- 6 Electives in total
- 40 Credits
- 2 Electives in total
- Thesis 44 Credits
- Risk Management in International Business.
- Global Affairs.
- Theories on Company Internationalization.
- Business Semantics.
- Doing Business in Europe.
- Advanced Negotiation Techniques.
- International HR.
- International Project Management.
- Doing Business in Asia.
- Doing Business in Latin America.
The MIB has agreements with different universities in the world, allowing our students to access very attractive dual degree programs. During their first semester in our program, students can decide if they would like to join a dual degree program, select the program and institution most suitable and work with our International Relations Office (IRO)on the administrative details applying for the selected program.
- Copenhagen Business School (Denmark).
- St. Gallen University (Switzerland).
- Ichec Brussels Management School (Bélgica).
- Foreign Trade University (Vietnam).
- TEC de Monterrey (México).
- Universität Bremen (Alemania).
- Universidade de São Paulo (Brasil).
- Crepuq Ascun (Canadá).
- Universite Montesquieu-Bordeaux IV (Francia).
Universidad EAFIT seeks to enroll a diverse class of MIB students, with a passion for international business and proven academic or professional excellence.
Candidates seeking to excel their academic or professional career and with a strong commitment to outstanding performance are invited to apply for the MIB, meeting the following requirements:
- **Online application form **
- Bachelor´s degree or equivalent official academic transcripts.
- English language proficiency: If you graduated from an English-speaking university in an English-speaking country, your graduation certificate will be accepted as proof of proficiency in English.
- CV / Resume: Please provide these document (email@example.com) after having received the invitation and at least 24h prior to the interview.
- Statement of purpose: Please provide these document (firstname.lastname@example.org ) after having received the invitation and at least 24h prior to the interview.
- Research proposal: Only required for applicants to the MSc.
- Interview: Presential or skype (provide Skype ID at least 24h prior to interview (email@example.com )).
- **Application fee (~122 USD)**
Recognized language certifications
To study in the MIB Program, candidates have to provide a valid (max. 2 years between the international exam and start date of the program) international exam, certifying at least a B2 level (CEFR) in all four language abilities. Currently accepted tests are TOEFL, TOEIC, FCE, CAE, CPE, IELTS)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 18, 2018