"By far the most international experience you can have in South America!"
Insights into the Internationalization of Firms, International Relations or the Management of International Conflicts are just some of the reasons why students, professionals and executives choose an MIB at EAFIT University.
Being already familiar with the general tools in Business Administration, the MIB is offering a unique opportunity for practice- and academia-oriented students alike. You will:
- Acquire a better understanding of processes and consequences in the international context, improve your strategic thinking, critical analysis and global understanding of local issues
- Develop your analytical, interpretive and argumentations skills
- Have an impact whether it is in academia or your company’s internationalization efforts
- Enjoy a culturally diverse classroom atmosphere.
Are you up for the challenge? Is this MIB the next step in your quest to connect the dots professionally and in your personal life? We are looking forward to get to know you and be part of your ongoing professional development.
The MIB is designed, first and foremost, for graduates of international business and business administration undergraduate programs and professionals with work experience in the field. All courses are offered in English which requires an equivalent certification upon entry. The MIB imparts state-of-the-art knowledge within the field of international business acquainting and confronting students with the latest research in the field.
Therefore, the program counts on a large number of international visiting professors from partner institutions around the world. Equally, students have the possibility to participate in regular international field and study trips and to participate in international student exchanges, dual degree programs and summer-schools.
Dual Degree Agreements are in place with the following institutions:
- Griffith University, Brisbaine, Australia
- Florida International University (FIU), Miami (FL), USA
- EM Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Curriculum and Methodology
The MIB’s integrated core curriculum covers several key areas in international business: research foundations and statistics, managerial and global economics, strategy, operations and communications. Our courses build on and complement each other.
Our faculty uses a variety of teaching methodologies like case studies, role-playing, group workshops, focus groups with executives and company visits. Group projects form an integral part of our courses. These methodologies aims to develop in our students key capabilities required in the ever increasing complexity of the global economy and international markets.
The variety of the cultural and professional background of our students and faculty make the MIB a unique program that will challenge you and provide an unparalleled learning experience.
Student Profile: university degree, work experience (not required)
Dual Degree Options
- MIB (Florida International University, USA)
- MIB (EM Strassbourg, France)
- MIB / MBA / MM (Griffith University, Australia)
- International Management
- Theories on Company Internationalization
- Internationalization of Service Firms
- International Trade and Development
- Intercultural Communication
- International Entrepreneurship
- Internationalization of SMEs
- CSR, Governance and Corporate Citizenship
- Internationalization in Emerging Markets
- Multilateral Trade Negotiations
- Risk Management in International Business
- Research Methodologies I
- Research Methodologies II
- Thesis (Practice Oriented or Research Oriented)
The MIB offers its students not only an enriching academic and practical experience in relevant areas of International Business but is a truly international experience:
- Great variety of nationalities in our student body
- International faculty
- Exchange programs with other world-class universities
- Dual Degree options in the US, Europe and Australia
100K Strong in the Americas
EAFIT is one of ten Universities in Latin America that has been selected to receive grants as part of President Obama´s 100,000 Strong in the Americas program. The University is working to expand its international mobility, strengthen the abilities to administer study abroad programs and increase student exchanges between the United States and Colombia.
Through these exchanges, students will improve their language skills; experience learning, living, and doing hands-on research abroad; and position themselves for a competitive advantage in their careers as global leaders, professionals, and citizens.
This school offers programs in:
- Spanish (Colombia)
Last updated March 6, 2017