Under the great slogan: "We are not like the others. Our differences enrich us", Insenia Design School Madrid and the Distance University of Madrid (UDIMA) , open their doors to all passionate about Interior Architecture and Decoration.
The objective of the degree is to allow the student to acquire sufficient knowledge and experience to design new elements (furniture, lighting, coverings or compartments), distribute and illuminate the spaces, provide them with the appropriate facilities and equipment, and combine the parts into a All aesthetic and harmonic. It must also bring the student closer to the reality of the interior design and architecture market, providing the necessary knowledge to start their professional activity, either on their own or by others.
At the end of their training the student must be able to:
- Establish the specific needs of the client, the space and the environment.
- Write a complete project of residential, commercial, office, exhibition or ephemeral interior design, unequivocally defining all its elements, whether existing objects or own designs.
- Employ the representation techniques of the profession: technical drawing, 3D rendering, photorealistic rendering and virtual reality.
- Compose documents of superior graphic quality that help in the presentation and commercialization of projects.
- Know the operation of an Interior Design Studio, and its interactions with other professionals, customers and suppliers.
- To capture the opportunities offered by new technologies, and make them available to the project, the client and society, in that order.
Who is it for?
Aimed at all kinds of people who want to learn to design interiors, in a short time, but without leaving anything.
If you do not want to embark on a 4-year training, at Insenia Design School Madrid and the Distance University of Madrid (UDIMA) we offer you the possibility of receiving, in 9 months, a complete training that allows you to access the interior design labor market and the decor. You will learn everything you need from scratch.
You can access our Master:
- If you are over 18 years old.
- If you have university studies, even if they are not related to design, interior design or architecture.
- If you do not have university studies and want to access a complete and professional training in the interior design and design sector in a limited time.
- If you already work in the decoration and interior design sector and want to update and improve your theoretical and practical knowledge to progress in your work.
- If you work in the construction and reform sector and want to offer design solutions to your customers.
- If you want to join the labor market in the decoration and interior design sector, improving your knowledge and experience in this field.
You are an architect?
If you are an architect, technical architect or engineer, we have an edition of this master's degree specially designed for you, aimed specifically at ARCHITECTS, as well as other graduates of technical branches of construction, such as technical architects, surveyors, building engineers, interested in Orient your professional careers towards the world of interior design and decoration.
If technical drawing and descriptive geometry have no secrets for you, in Insenia we will not force you to repeat these matters. Instead, you will have classes of exclusive access to technicians, such as Ephemeral Architecture and Workshop of Specific Projects for technicians.
Course divided into 5 training blocks, 6 and 14 weeks. Total number of hours (teaching hours of student work): 1500 hours.
- Block 1: 6 weeks. Design of Commercial Spaces and Restoration: 100% Face-to-face
- Block 2: 6 weeks. Design of Residential Spaces and Furniture: 100% Face-to-face
- Block 3: 6 weeks. Technical Specializations: 100% Face-to-face
- Block 4: 14 weeks. Master Thesis project. Blended
- Block 5: 6 weeks. Real practices tutored. Blended
Start and end dates
- Start in September / October and January / February .
- In the morning, from 10.00 a.m. to 2.20 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Open Classroom, Thursday afternoon.
- Variable completion date, subject to the correct presentation of the exercises by the student, with a maximum of 10 months from the beginning of the course.
- Registration period: Until completing places.
- Classes will be taught in Madrid Centro, at the facilities of Insenia Design School Madrid , c / Marqués de Cubas 6 (Metro Bank of Spain).
- The number of teaching hours of each classroom block is calculated taking into account the face-to-face classes, tutorials and cultural visits accompanied by a teacher, so they may vary, without prior notice.
- Number of ECTS credits: 60 credits - 1500 hours (face-to-face student personal work)
- Total amount, tuition included: € 5,400
- Payment must be made before the start of the course. *
* (The training is exempt from VAT according to article 20 of the VAT law).
Way to pay
- Bank transfer or bank card.
- Possibility of financing with a collaborating bank.
- 5% discount for 100% advance payment.
- 10% discount for people with disabilities compatible with the course (consult).
- Discounts not cumulative.
Reservation of place and right of withdrawal
- To make the reservation of your place, the student must pay at least the amount of € 300 .
- The student will have the right to withdraw as long as he or she notifies the center at least 20 days before the beginning of the contracted course. In this case, the full amounts anticipated by this will be returned through the same form of payment.
- Insenia reserves the right to cancel the celebration of any course or master if there is not a minimum number of 6 students enrolled. In that case, the center will pre-notify with a minimum of 15 days and will return the anticipated amounts in full.
Access requirements and necessary material
- Personal interview (face-to-face or online).
- Present identity document and copy of the Certificate or Diploma of previous studies (if any).
- Basic office skills.
- Have a laptop.
- Being over 18 years.
- It is not essential to be a university graduate.
- Title of
Master of Interior Architecture, Interior Design and Decoration (Own Title)
issued by the Distance University of Madrid (UDIMA) *
- Title of
Master of Interior Architecture, Interior Design and Decoration (Own Title)
issued by the Insenia Design School Madrid *
- Project Development Department
- Residential Projects
- Custom Furniture Design Projects
- Commercial projects and Visual Merchandising.
- Restoration Projects
- Office Projects and Applied Ergonomics
- Ephemeral Architecture Projects, Events and Exhibitions
- Technical Projects
- Hotels and Tourist Spaces Projects
- Department of Construction Technologies
- Introduction to the materials
- Introduction to Construction
- Building Materials and Housing Coating
- Materials for Commercial Spaces
- Residential Construction Techniques
- Commercial Construction Techniques
- Introduction to lighting
- Residential Lighting
- Commercial Technical Lighting
- Lighting calculations and introduction to home automation.
- Basic Principles of Cabinetmaking
- Department of Arts and Humanities
- Theory of color
- Decorative Styles of the House
- Styling for Graphic Media
- Express decoration "Home Staging"
- History of Architecture and Furniture
- Department of Infoarchitecture and Digital Technologies
- Infographic and 3D Modeling with Sketchup Pro
- Advanced Sketchup
- Rendered with V-Ray
- Photo Retouching with Adobe Photoshop
- Department of Representation and Graphic Expression
- Technical Drawing and Volume
- Plan Representation
- Works Planning and Control Department
- Advanced Project and Works Planning
- Preparation of Measurements and Budgets
- Interior Design Project Management
Master Thesis project
The Final Master Project consists of designing a home, shop, restaurant or workspace.
Based on an authentic current state measurement and a real needs program, the student must resolve the zoning, circulation and distribution of the entire space, in addition to the design of each of the rooms, including their coverings, furnishing, lighting, decoration and design of custom elements.
The software learned during the course will be used, from the current status plant to the 3D perspectives. Layout will be used for the final assembly of the project.
The student will have fourteen weeks to write the interior design project, and will be supported at all times by their tutors in the ways they choose, whether telematic or face-to-face.
During the drafting of the Final Master Project, the student will be able to attend individual or group tutorials essential for the correct monitoring and correction of his project.
You will also have unlimited access to Insenia 3.0, our online platform. In addition, you can attend each and every one of the cultural visits and commercial presentations that take place in the School.