The goal of the Master of Integrative Wellness Management (MIWM) program is to train you to be a healthcare and wellness administrator.
MIWM is one of the few regionally accredited programs that includes acupuncture and Oriental medicine into a healthcare administration degree. Much of ACAOM’s knowledge and experience comes from its collaboration with Houston Methodist Hospital Wellness Services, which ACAOM has been working together since 2005, and our 6 sister schools in Asia. Once you graduate, you will have completed courses in acupuncture, wellness, and healthcare management.
Length of the Program and Schedule
You will be able to complete the 36 credit degree program in 1 year. If you already have an Oriental medicine background, you will be able to transfer many of the credits.
The programs are accredited Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and the degree-granting is approved by Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. You will have the peace of mind that your degree is recognized.
The curriculum includes categories of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), biomedicine, integrative wellness management, professional development and leadership.
- MIWM is fully on campus
- 36 semester credits in total
- 3 semesters fast track option
- Integrative approach between TCM theories and wellness principles
- Provides an understanding of leadership in integrative wellness
- Provides an understanding of wellness management, wellness topics, administration and leadership of organizations
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (120 semester credit hours with 30 being upper-level and 30 general education)
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for MIWM, 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for MIHL
- Candidates holding a master’s degree may be admitted on the basis of that degree with a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
For U.S. citizens and residents:
- Completed application form
- Two recent passport size photographs Official transcript(s) from all previously attended college(s) Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Valid personal identification
- $100 non-refundable application fee For international students, add:
- Course by course evaluation of transcripts
- Proof of financial responsibility
Scholarships will be considered on two factors: first come first serve in completed applications and merit.
The field of wellness is growing at a rapid place. Aside from wellness centres, many hospitals and companies now have wellness programs that promote a healthy living for their employees and patients. Many of these wellness facilities require individuals with adequate wellness knowledge to oversee their wellness programs. With many of these programs offering acupuncture and herbal medicine as part of their wellness programs, it would be advantageous for you to understand how acupuncture and herbal medicine fits into the wellness programs.
Most healthcare administration and wellness programs in the country do not have an acupuncture component. Consequently, choosing the right school is crucial in dictating your future success. Our college’s philosophy is to provide you with both wellness and basic Oriental medicine knowledge so that you have the greatest chance of success.
About the School
American College of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine is a post-baccalaureate academic institution dedicated to educating and conferring degrees upon graduating individuals having equipped them for ... Read More