Choose Information and Communication Technology at La Trobe
- Get advanced skills and knowledge to launch a global career in ICT.
- Develop high-level skills through the practical industry, IT and software projects.
- Learn about project management, system design, testing and documentation as you go.
- Follow your interests with our huge range of computer science, electronic engineering and networking electives.
- Learn at your own pace with options for acceleration and advanced standing.
- Study overseas with one of our partner universities.
The global shortage of skilled ICT professionals means you'll be sought-after on a global scale for a diverse range of roles across multiple sectors.
This course equips you for management, research and development roles in:
- systems and security engineering.
- software and hardware.
- network design, management and engineering.
- data communications.
- application protocol.
- wireless networks and more.
It also prepares you for roles as a:
- systems analyst.
- information technology consultant.
- information systems administrator.
- software and applications trainer.
- systems engineer.
- security engineer and more.
What you'll learn
- develop solutions to real problems in team and individual environments.
- manage communication between upper management and technology specialists.
- deal with social and ethical issues like computer hacking, software piracy and security breaches.
- implement technical programs including e-commerce, data systems and mobile applications.
- develop software, websites and IT systems.
Australian Bachelor's degree or international equivalent, in computer science, information technology, computer engineering, electronic engineering or communication/telecommunication engineering with a credit average or higher.
International students need an overall academic IELTS (or equivalent) score of 6.5. Find out more about English language requirements.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 22, 2017