The programme is designed to train students on research approaches and methodologies in the field of IT that has been the primary industrial focus in Malaysia. Students shall be able to conduct specialized research within various domains ranging from system development, information systems, software engineering, business intelligence, networking, security, and forensics. The taught courses that will be accompanied by a final year thesis and a prototype system as the final deliverable, should be the natural choice for those who want to further their academic credentials at the postgraduate level. Students with substantial working experience can also opt to undergo certification test by ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association) upon graduation. Such endeavor is also seen as the essential step in producing knowledge workers and researchers to project the nation into becoming a high-income nation by 2020.
Researchers in public or private institutions in various fields of IT, Lecturers at institutions of higher learning, MIS Managers, IT Managers, IT Project Managers.
- Object-Oriented Software Development
- Multimedia Authoring and Programming
- Computer Networking
- Business Information System
- Research Methodology
- Information System Development
- Database Management System
- Internet and Web Technology
- Project Paper
- Software Process and Management
Academic Entry Requirements
You must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for entry to the UNITAR Master's Programme:
- A Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.75
- A Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent, with minimum CGPA of 2.50 but not meeting CGPA of 2.75, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment
- A Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent, with CGPA below than 2.50, can be accepted subject to minimum five (5) years working experience in the related field
- Through ‘Open Entry’ where candidates have to fulfill these requirements:
- Pass STPM / Matriculation or its equivalent;
- Aged at least 35 years old on 1 January in the year of application;
- Any other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian Government.
- For candidates without a degree in the field of computing, pre-requisites modules will be offered as an early preparation for their further studies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 9, 2018