The Master of Information Management (MIM) program at the University of Maryland prepares graduates to be industry leaders in information science and technology, maximizing the value of information management solutions and meeting the needs of organizations.
Drawing from management, computer science, information systems, and information science, the MIM program provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to successfully collect, process and organize data to efficiently extract information. The MIM program will provide you with an opportunity to build a career in a rapidly growing Information Management field. You will learn to visually communicate quantitative and qualitative messages and to bridge a vital gap in the corporate world between the technical department and the rest of the organization.
The MIM program offers two specialization tracks: Information Analysis and Technology Design, allowing students to focus their studies in a particular information management area of their professional interest. The information Analysis track offers Data Analytics or Strategic Management specializations, and the Technology Design track offers specializations in User Experience or Technology Development.
Besides this, the MIM program has a:
- High student employment rate – 95%
- Perfect location -- proximity to Washington DC, allowing students to benefit from the numerous professional development groups, events, and activities taking place there on a regular basis.
- Career-focused learning approach, providing students with real practical skills in addition to theoretical knowledge. The MIM courses, career development events, and professional support are all designed to give the students the best possible preparation for their careers.
Through coursework and hands-on experience, students will be prepared for a successful career as Data analysts, Technology Developers and Designers, Organizational Strategy and Planning Managers, User Experience Specialists, Chief Information Officers.
- A four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited US institution, or an equivalent degree from a non-U.S. institution with at least a 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale);
- GRE or GMAT Verbal scores in the 40 percentile or higher, and Quantitative scores in the 60 percentile or higher (when GRE/GMAT scores are required);
- For international students, a TOEFL score of 100 or higher;
- One or more years of full-time work experience in IT field (that might include information technology, management, user experience, project management, business analysis, database management, etc.);
- Additional admission requirements and information can be found on the MIM Admissions webpage.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017