Master of HRM programme empowers graduates with essential HR knowledge, skills, and competencies to facilitate excellence in managing and developing talent. With a dual emphasis on theory and practice, this programme is designed for aspiring young graduates, practicing HR professionals, and line managers who seek an advanced education in HRM.
- HKBU School of Business is amongst the 1% of business schools worldwide accredited by the three leading international accreditation bodies focused on business education: AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS.
- This programme is mapped to the UK’s Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Advanced Certificate in Human Resources. As the CIPD Approved Centre, MHRM students who register as CIPD student members are eligible to achieve the CIPD Level 7 Advanced Certificate in Human Resources qualification and apply for the CIPD Associate membership after graduation.
- This programme is endorsed by the Hong Kong Institute of HRM.
Participants are required to complete a total of 30 credits upon graduation with 8 core courses and 2 elective courses.
- Human Resources Planning and Staffing
- Training and Development
- Performance Management
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employment Relations and Practices
- Ethics in Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Research Methods and Analytics
- Degree Project
Elective courses (Select 2 courses)
- Employment Engagement and Well-being
- Human Resources Management in the PRC
- International and Comparative HRM
- Part-time: Available on a 2-year part-time basis where classes are taught over the weekends to meet the needs of working professionals. Classes are normally scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays. A typical 3 credit course involves 5 class days, over 3 weekends.
- Full-time: Available on a 1-year full-time basis where classes are taught during the weekdays and weekends.
Small-class teaching to ensure maximum interaction between students and instructor.
The teaching faculty is balanced between international and local faculty, many of whom, in addition to their academic credentials, have practitioner backgrounds.
- A recognized bachelor’s degree (non-HRM major) or an equivalent professional qualification (with no work experience requirement); or
- A recognized diploma plus a minimum of four years of work experience.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants graduated from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English must achieve the following English proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL: 550 (Paper‐based), 79 (Internet‐based); or
- IELTS (Academic): Overall band score of 6.5
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 16, 2018