This programme empowers graduates with essential HR knowledge, skills, and competencies to facilitate excellence in managing and developing talent. With a dual emphasis on theory and practice, this programme is designed for aspiring young graduates, practicing HR professionals, and line managers who seek an advanced education in HRM.
- HKBU School of Business is amongst the 1% of business schools worldwide accredited by the three leading international accreditation bodies focused on business education: AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS.
- This programme is mapped to the CIPD Advanced Certificate in Human Resources. As the CIPD Approved Centre, the MHRM programme is equivalent to CIPD Level 7 Certificate in Human Resources. MHRM graduates who have registered as CIPD student members during their study will are eligible to attain the CIPD Associate membership.
- This programme is endorsed by the Hong Kong Institute of HRM.
Participants are required to complete a total of 30 credits upon graduation with 8 core courses and 2 elective courses.
- Human Resources Planning and Staffing
- Training and Development
- Performance Management
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employment Relations and Practices
- Ethics in Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Research Methods and Analytics
- Degree Project
Elective courses (Select 2 courses)
- Human Resources Management in the PRC
- International and Comparative HRM
- Employment Engagement and Well-being
Academic Writing and Analytical Techniques Workshop
All new participants of MHRM Programme are required to attend an 8-hour Academic Writing Workshop and an 2-hour Analytical Techniques Workshop in August before the commencement of formal classes.
Upon completion of the MHRM Programme, participants will be able to:
- Complete people-management tasks, including selection, appraisal, disciplinary and grievance interviews, coaching, and counselling.
- Advise on the development, implementation, and evaluation of HR policies and procedures, based on an awareness of the organisational and cultural context and of ethical principles.
- Design, implement, and utilize employment-related surveys and research, such as employee opinion surveys, pay level surveys, and organisational exit surveys.
- Evaluate the operation of the HR function in an organisation and its contribution to organisational effectiveness.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills and analytical and critical thinking skills appropriate to a business professional.
This programme is available on a full-time and part-time basis:
- Full-time: Weekdays and Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays)
- Part-time: Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays)
- Class time: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- A typical course involves 5-days of class contact.
Small-class teaching to ensure maximum interaction between students and instructor.
The teaching faculty is balanced between international and local faculty, many of whom, in addition to their academic credentials, have practitioner backgrounds.
- A recognised bachelor’s degree or an equivalent professional qualification (with no work experience requirement); or
- A recognised diploma plus a minimum of four years of work experience.
Language Proficiency Requirement
If English was not the medium of instruction for the first degree, applicants must meet the English language requirement as stipulated below:
- TOEFL: not lower than 550 (paper-based), or 79 (internet-based); or
- IELTS (Academic): overall band score not lower than 6.5.
Program taught in: