The Master of Human Resource Management (MHRM) program is designed in collaboration with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the world’s largest Chartered HR and development body, for aspiring managers and professionals with the ambition to become strategic leaders and human resource managers.
Students will be acquiring expertise not only through knowledge of contemporary human resource management theories, concepts and tools but will also be working in a team throughout the program and building sets of skills they can apply in practice. Since today’s organizations operate in a dynamic and complex environment with varying structures and cultures, the MHRM program will equip students with the knowledge and leadership skills needed to face human resource challenges and meet the strategic needs of the business.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are awarded dual certificates: MHRM certificate from the Sunway University and postgraduate-level Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management from the CIPD. Graduates also upgrade their status to Associate Membership of CIPD and use the designatory letters ‘Assoc CIPD’ after their name that demonstrates that they have attained a recognized level of professional competence as an HR practitioner.
For effective learning and convenience, classes are conducted on weekends and in small groups.
March & August
2 years (part-time)
Graduates may enter careers in HR, academia, consulting, or research, as well as undertake specialist roles in areas related to Human Resource Management.
6-week module; 9 core + 2 electives + Research Project
- Strategic HR Management
- Developing Skills for Business Leadership
- Talent Acquisition and Mobility
- Employee Engagement & Human Relations
- Human Capital Development & Organisational Effectiveness
- Managing Performance
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Compensation & Benefits
- Research Methods
- Legal Aspects of Industrial Relations (Elective)
- International HR Management (Elective)
- HR Accounting/Analytics (Elective)
- Research Project/Consultancy Project (3 months)
Areas of Research
- International HR Management
- Strategic HR Management
- HR Development and Leadership
- Talent Acquisition
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Industrial Relations
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 out of 4.00, or equivalent from a recognized institution of higher education, as accepted by the University’s Senate
- A Bachelor’s degree with CGPA below 2.50 out of 4.00 or its equivalent qualifications can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years of working experience in relevant field
- A holder of a pass degree or equivalent, from a recognized institution of higher education with at least five years’ relevant work experience.
- Any other equivalent professional qualification recognized by the Malaysian Government
English Language Requirements
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL: 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based)
Please contact the Postgraduate Office at +603 74918701 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and to arrange for an appointment to meet with Dr. Francis (Program Leader).
About the School
For almost 32 years Sunway University has established a reputation both in Malaysia and overseas, as an inspiring educational leader. Perfectly harnessing the highest quality of academic personnel and ... Read More