One of the top issues facing CEOs and other leaders is managing the dynamics of human capital to meet the strategic business needs. Designed in collaboration with the Human Capital Leadership Institute, CIPD, and Wharton’s Center for Human Resources, the MHCL curriculum has a strong anchoring in business with the rigour of an MBA. Through coursework and practical application, you will be transformed to be a future leader of strategic human capital in Asia.
You will also earn the CIPD Level 7 Diploma – the most widely-recognised professional qualifications in the field of HR and Development.
- Understand the foundations of business
- Gain perspectives in leading across borders in Asia
- Achieve mastery in strategic human resources management
- Manage complex human capital challenges dealing with culture, structures, leadership, and talent
- Address the global dynamics facing the future of work and leadership
- Unique position as Strategic Human Capital Programme
- Anchored in business foundations and linked to strategy
- Students can opt for professional HR certification (CIPD)
- Hot topic workshops related to Human Capital Leadership throughout the period of study
- Experience one module internationally during our International segment
Highlight of Courses
- Choose between a 12-month full-time programme for students committed to the curriculum, or a 15-month part-time programme to accommodate working professionals.
- Unique position as Strategic Human Capital Programme – Research-based study linked to real-world Human Capital issues.
- Anchored in Business Foundations and linked to strategy.
- A one-week overseas segment with a top HR college in the US.
The Master of Human Capital Leadership programme welcomes all applicants who meet the following criteria for admissions:
- Bachelor's degree (in any field).
- Minimum relevant work experience (post-Bachelor's degree) of 3 years (part-time track) or 2 years (full-time track).
- A good score in the SMU Admission Test / GMAT/ GRE* (Please click here to view the SMU Admission Test Factsheet).
- A good TOEFL/IELTS score is required if your degree was not taught in English.
*We will accept good undergraduate GPAs from SMU in place of the admissions test requirement. Speak with your Admissions Manager to find out more.
The part-time track of the MHCL programme is open to all Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents. It is also open to international students who hold a valid Employment Pass (EP) or Dependant's Pass (DP), and do not require a student visa.
The full-time track of the MHCL programme will provide student visas for international students who wish to pursue their studies in Singapore without other employment.
Admission interviews will be conducted for shortlisted candidates.
- Application: S$100
- Registration Fee:
- S$400 (Locals/ PRs)/S$500 (International Students)
- Tuition: S$46,010 (inclusive of GST)