The Painting & Drawing program is committed to engaging the cultural diversity found on the university campus by working with students to define their approach to artistic and cultural production through course offerings in drawing and painting that range from the beginning through graduate levels.
The MDP is eighteen months / two year full time professional degree providing undergraduate degree holders with the incremental skill base necessary to secure mid- level or higher position in the field of Drawing & Painting.
Among the beneficiaries of the Master of Fine Art in Drawing & Painting Program are:
- Bachelor degree holders in the areas of Fine Arts, Applied Arts, Design and other related fields.
- Local and regional academic institutions; artistic, free lance designers, people dealing with communication business, illustrators.
Among the main objectives of this program:
- Fill the job vacancies and cover the current shortage in the professional, academic artists with high degrees, to build the basis of modern artistic evolution based on knowledge awareness and deep consciousness.
- Bridge the gap between the domestic and regional art and the global art, as this study provide the student with great opportunity to learn, know and communicate with the global culture and art.
- To become a centre for strategic studies of total art in the region, filling a great deal of the current shortage in the qualified staff locally, regionally and globally.
- The increasing need for more specialists is one of the main characteristics of this era, not only in arts, but in all fields.
- Build a scientific base to create high public taste, as a result of the increasing number of specialists.
- Utilizing the young minds and efforts, and providing them with the right guidance.
- Develop the scientific spirit of reading, researching and exploring with in turn helps to understand the different cultures and civilizations, and set the correct base for developing community.
- Specialization is one of the most significant features of modern market. As the increasing mobility and market range lead to the need of specialized, qualified and highly educated staff, that has the leadership and initiative.
- Train and preserve the talents and young artists, providing them with chance to improve their knowledge and skills.
- Build strong relations and connections with other universities, artistic and cultural centers and related institutions, to enhance the relationship between university and community.
The Master of Fine Arts in Drawing & Painting degree is awarded upon fulfillment of the following requirements:
- Fulfilling all the conditions predetermined in the regulations for the Master Programme.
- Successfully completing remedial and additional courses assigned by the Graduate Studies Committee.
- Completing a minimum of 36 credit hours of Master Degree courses.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017