The Department is currently accepting applications in Ceramics, Computer Arts (Graphic Design), Jewelry and Metalsmithing, Painting & Drawing, Photography and Sculpture for Fall 2017.
The Art Department offers a graduate degree program for students interested in studying visual art beyond the baccalaureate level. The MFA degree requires that candidates complete coursework in art concepts and criticism, art history, a studio area of concentration, electives, and a creative thesis project.
Master of Fine Art (MFA)
The 90-credit Master of Fine Arts (MFA) is a terminal degree program providing students with professional levels of competency and experience in studio art. The MFA program qualifies students for careers as teachers in higher education, as professional studio artists, and for other studio-arts-related vocations.
Admission to the MFA
Application materials to be submitted to the Graduate Studies Office include:
- Graduate application ($50.00 fee/can apply online: https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=cwugrad)
- Statement of Educational and Professional Objectives (clear, informative letter about your interest in graduate study, research interests, pertinent work experience, and career goals)
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- 3.0 GPA or above on your last 90 quarter credits/60 semester credits
Additionally, applicants are required to submit 20 examples of their recent work in the form of digital images on a USB drive or e-mailed as a multi-page PDF
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 15, 2017