The Master of Science in Finance [MSF] Degree Program will equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in business and advance in careers in Finance. In this intensive graduate program, students learn to analyze and solve complex finance and investment problems and practical issues in the areas of corporate finance, financial market and institutions, investment and portfolio management, financial engineering, and financial strategy.
Further, this program will be of great help to students and practitioners who are preparing for professional designations such as CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) or CFP (Certified Financial Planner).
- Application for Admission with a $75 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcript showing the award of a bachelor's degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- GMAT test scores
- The ideal applicant has 1-3 years of experience
- Preferred undergraduate majors include Finance, Economics, and Accounting.
- GPA requirement is 3.0 or higher
Ten 3-credit courses will comprise the 30- credit hour program
- Macroeconomics for Business
- Financial Accounting
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Investment Analysis/Portfolio Management
- Financial Modeling
- Derivatives & Risk Management
- Seminar in Financial Engineering
- Global Financial Management & Investment
- Seminar in Modern Financial Analysis Topics
- $40,000 Per Academic Year
- Limited financial assistance is available in the form of graduate assistantships or scholarships
The teaching faculty has terminal degrees or juris doctorates, and are Chartered Financial Analyst. All have distinguished work experience in the public or private sector at managerial and executive levels.
About the School
Howard University's School of Business has been a model for higher education since its founding in 1970. With dynamic academic departments, groundbreaking centers of excellence, esteemed faculty, awar ... Read More