This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- A solid, in-depth knowledge of the theory and practice of decision making needed to face the challenges in the financial world of today.
- An understanding of the demanding financial environment and its key areas at a global level.
- Specialised financial knowledge and tools to move from theory to real-world applications needed for a graduate to be on the forefront of the financial world.
Full-time (12-18 months)
Part-time (24+ months)
|Dual Degree Award:
Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 or equivalent as Senate approval. OR
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 2.5 out of 4.00 but less than 2.75 CGPA can be accepted with rigorous assessment (includes test, interview or portfolio). OR
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA below 2.5 out of 4.00 or qualification which is equivalent can be accepted with minimum ten years relevant working experience in related field. Students must provide CV/Letters etc.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS 6.0 or above or TOEFL 550 or above.
Who should attend
This degree is intended for finance professional looking to widen their skill base or students who have made a professional commitment to pursue a career in the finance industry and who have studied finance in an undergraduate degree and are interested in equipping with the most comprehensive array of analytical tools and techniques. This Masters of Finance could be a stepping stone to one of the most sought-after careers in the finance sectors broadly defined as corporate finance, security analysis, portfolio management, options and futures, treasury management, the functioning of financial institutions and markets, and financial decision-making.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Have an in-depth understanding concerning principles of the financial workings and also the application of such understanding in using those financial assets to the world of business and investment.
- Understand and apply advanced concepts of finance and investment and extend the knowledge of the finance discipline into more specialised areas.
- Have the ability to integrate knowledge, handle complexity and formulate judgments with incomplete or information including reflection on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- Communicate clearly and unambiguously the conclusions and the knowledge and rationale underpinning them, to a specialist and nonspecialist audience.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative techniques in analysing and evaluating financial and investment problems.
- Use information technology, such as word processing, databases, the web and econometric packages to download and analyse financial and economic data.
- Conduct independent research and solve multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary questions in a professional field on an academic, higher education level.
- Put plans into action with the experience learned from the successful entrepreneurs and a solid understanding of the realities of business, especially in financial or investment related areas.
Modules & Project/Dissertation
The modules are designed to provide a solid understanding of financial principles and their applications of those understanding to various aspects of the finance industry. The students are able to act autonomously in planning and implementing financial strategies which include Financial Analysis, Quantitative Methods, Investment Management and Financial Markets as well as Corporate Finance.
The dissertation helps students develop the kind of skills they will need for work in a variety of careers, as well as to develop their specific ability to research and analyse academic problems.
The research will focus on the issues related to the common business and managerial problems in finance within or external to an organisation either locally or internationally particularly concerning its policy’s implication. The main purpose of this dissertation/project undertaking is to allow students to explore their area of interest and to apply the right approach or methodology and again to arrive at the rightful solutions that best suit or solve the problems at hands.
MALAYSIAN STUDENT FEES:
Total: RM 29,500 + £250
HIDE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FEES:
Total: RM 36,800 (USD 8,770) + £250
All information is correct at the time of publication but is subject to change in the interest of continuous improvement.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 28, 2018