Master of Finance
This programme is specifically designed to provide a solid in-depth knowledge in the theory and practice of decision making needed to face the challenges in the financial world of today. In the rapidly changing business world of today, there is a growing need for finance professionals to meet the high requirements set by firms operating in a demanding environment and understanding its key areas at a global level is critically vital.
This Master of Finance programme will equip graduates with the highly marketable skills, and specialised financial knowledge and tools to move from theory to real-world applications needed to take them to the forefront of the financial world.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent as acceptable by the Senate; OR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent but for CGPA below 2.50; can be accepted provided that the candidates must have 5 years working experience in relevant field.
- Graduates of equivalent qualifications who have several years of relevant industry experience.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language, such as IELTS 6.0 or above or TOEFL 550 or above.
Who should attend
This degree is intended for finance professionals looking to widen their skill base, or students who have made a professional commitment to pursue a career in the finance industry and who have studied finance in an undergraduate degree and are interested in equipping with the most comprehensive array of analytical tools and techniques. This Masters of Finance could be a stepping stone to one of the most sought-after careers in the finance sectors broadly defined as corporate finance, security analysis, portfolio management, options and futures, treasury management, the functioning of financial institutions and markets, and financial decision-taking. Developed alongside the international organisations, this Master of Finance degree ensures graduates have the knowledge they need and can apply it within today's financial world.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to :
- Have an in-depth understanding concerning principles of the financial workings and also the application of such understanding in using those financial assets to the world of business and investment.
- Understand and apply advanced concepts of finance and investment and extend the knowledge of the finance discipline into more specialised areas.
- Have the ability to integrate knowledge, handle complexity and formulate judgments with incomplete or limited information but includes reflecting on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- Communicate clearly and unambiguously the conclusions and the knowledge and rationale underpinning them, to specialist and non-specialist audience.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative techniques in analysing and evaluating financial and investment problems.
- Use information technology, such as word processing, databases, the web and econometric packages, to download and analyse financial and economic data.
- Conduct independent research and solve multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary questions in a professional field on an academic, higher education level.
- Put plans into action with the experience learned from the successful entrepreneurs and a solid understanding of the realities of a business especially in Financial or investment related areas.
Programme Modules & Project / Dissertation
|Core Modules||Optional Modules*|
This school offers programs in:
- Full time (16 months)
- Part time (2 - 5 years)
Cost & Fees
- Malaysian Student Fees:
Total: RM 29,500 + £250
- International Student Fees:
Total: RM 36,800 (USD 9,200) + £250
- 26 September 2016
- 24 June 2016
- 19 August 2016
- 14 October 2016