- Address global business challenges and further your career in financial markets, corporate financial analysis, and investment management.
- Engage with financial market simulation programs in our state-of-the-art IRESS Trading Room on campus, which includes a market data feed and financial analysis tools – the same technology used by the world's leading banks and investment firms.
- Complete 150 hours of industry placement with a local or international organization.
- Tailor your studies by choosing elective courses that align with your interests or professional development needs such as Chinese banking.
- Be mentored by a senior business leader through the Executive Partners Program.
- Study a curriculum informed by world-class research in Finance(1).
- Qualify for Advanced Standing for previous qualifications and complete your degree in just 1.5 years.
- The University of South Australia Business School is ranked in the top one percent worldwide(2) and has been awarded an overall five stars for excellence in the QS Stars Ratings 2019.
- Ranked in the Top 150 institutions in the World for Accounting and Finance(3).
- UniSA is No.1 in SA for postgraduate employment outcomes in Business and Management(4).
(1)2018 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
(2)UniSA Business School is one of just nine institutions in Australia and 180 globally to be accredited by EQUIS (from over 16,500 worldwide). EFMD, February 2019.
(3)2019 QS Subject Rankings.
(4)QILT: Graduate Outcomes Survey Course Experience Questionnaire 2016-18 – Full-time Employment Indicator. Public SA-founded universities only.
With a Master of Finance, you will be equipped to manage the challenges of the fast-developing global finance industry.
This degree has a strong focus on experience-based learning. You will use financial market simulation programs in the new Finance Trading Room and engage with the global derivatives trading industry. You can also choose to enhance your business consulting skills and experience through a professional business placement in Australia or overseas.
You will be graduate ready for senior roles in the financial services sector and be skilled in applying current theory to real-world issues.
What you'll learn
The Master of Finance is made up of 16 courses in areas such as financial theory and markets, advanced investment management and the econometrics of financial markets. You will also study two electives as part of your studies. One of your elective options is a 150-hour industry placement either in Australia or overseas.
Why Master of Finance
As a graduate, you can rest assured that the Master of Finance is a globally competitive degree that is respected internationally for its quality and relevance to industry.
In your studies, you’ll focus on advanced corporate finance, investment management, and behavioral finance. You will develop expertise in critical and strategic thinking within a highly-regulated industry framework. Under the guidance of our highly-experienced research professionals, you will strengthen your research and analytical skills. You can also choose to enhance your business consulting skills and professional experience through 150 hours of business placement in Australia or overseas.
You'll also have the opportunity to learn in our state-of-the-art IRESS Trading Room on campus, which includes a market data feed and financial analysis tools – the same technology used by the world's leading banks and investment firms.
An enriching student experience
Our flexible delivery and extra-curricular opportunities are designed to suit your lifestyle, preferred way of learning and career interests. You can benefit from a blend of online and on-campus study, part-time or full-time learning, Summer and Winter School intensive courses, mentoring and networking opportunities with industry, and leadership skill development. You can also explore accelerated learning pathways and seek program support from our Business Student Hub.
Graduates of this degree use their broad range of skills and specialist knowledge to pursue management roles, both locally and abroad.
You could consider roles such as commercial banker, finance manager, financial controller, global fund manager or auditor in areas such as:
- Commercial and investment banking
- Corporate treasury
- Foreign exchange funds management
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Policy or research
Real World Connections
Our teaching staff are industry experienced and maintain close working links with leading professional bodies such as the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) and the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute. This collaboration ensures the knowledge you take into your career will meet the dynamic needs of industry, and your qualification remains relevant and applicable.
While you study you can get valuable industry experience through industry placements in Australia, or an international study experience through more than 60 exchange partners across Asia, Europe, North America, and South America. Our links to UniSA’s research facilities ensure your learning is connected to the latest technologies, theories, and applications of finance knowledge.
Placements and internships bridge the gap between study and work. Our connections to industry create opportunities for you to grow. These experiences build confidence in the business world and give you a competitive edge.