Master of Finance - Investment Management (IMM)
The full-time day-time Master of Finance – Investment Management (FT MoF-IMM) program aims to provide degree graduates who would like to specialize in investment management, particularly those with no or little work experience, with a combination of solid finance concepts and up-to-date industry know-how. Furthermore, the program prepares students for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) examination.
On completion of the FT MoF-IMM program, graduates will be able to:
- understand conceptual frameworks drawn from Accounting, Risk Management, Economics, Quantitative Method and Law to the analysis of investment and corporate finance issues.
- solve asset management/corporate finance problems as they present themselves in real-life situations.
- formulate financial strategies and policies.
- envision possible outcomes on financial and strategic recommendations, and to evaluate the performance in a relevant and effective way.
- Collaborative Study Program with UMass Boston;
- Candidates with no or little work experience are welcome to apply;
- Students are able to complete the Master’s program in ONE year;
- The most up-to-date industry practices are incorporated into the curriculum to make the program a unique synthesis of academic theories and professional practices;
- The program is taught by staff from the School of Accounting and Finance which is accredited by The Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) of Hong Kongas a recognized institution for providing continuous professional training.
- The program has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree programs incorporate at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) providing students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positioning them well to sit for the CFA examinations.
- The Master of Finance (MoF) program at PolyU is proud to be an academic partner with GARP for risk education.
- You have to complete 6 Compulsory Subjects (i.e. 18 credits), 4 Elective Subjects (i.e. 12 credits), and 2 Compulsory Capstone Subjects (i.e. 6 credits).
- A total of 36 credits are required for the Master of Finance (Investment Management) award.
- Students will study six subjects in each of Semesters 1 and 2.
- A Bachelor's degree from a recognized university, preferably with at least a second-class lower division honor, or equivalent; AND
- A minimum score of 600 (Total, Verbal, and Quantitative Scores) in the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) OR a minimum score of 600 (or its equivalence under the revised General Test) in both Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning in Graduate Record Examinations (GRE).
If you are not a native speaker of English, and your Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification was awarded by an institution at which the medium of instruction is not English, you are expected to fulfill the University's minimum English language requirement for admission.
Suitable candidates may be invited to attend admission interviews.
Local students: The tuition fee is HK$185,400 per program (36 credits)
Non-local students: The tuition fee is HK$248,400 per program (36 credits)
Program taught in: