From 2017 the Master of Engineering will be offered at Parramatta campus and will no longer be offered at Penrith campus.
The Master of Engineering has been designed to meet Engineers Australia professional accreditation requirements. It enables professionals in Engineering and recent graduates to adapt to a dynamically developing and changing technological environment through the upgrading of their skills and knowledge. The course provides students with training opportunities to foster a culture of life-long learning. Graduates of the course will have a firm foundation to further build their skills as their specialised professional field evolves. Advanced standing may be granted for relevant prior studies.
The Master of Engineering enables professionals and recent graduates to adapt to a dynamic technological environment by upgrading their engineering skills and knowledge. This two-year program enables you to pursue a specialisation in civil, environmental, computer, electrical, telecommunications or mechatronic engineering.
For western Sydney, engineering is of critical importance. The area is recognised by industrialists and developers as suitable for enormous expansion and with great industrial potential. For example, the M7 toll road in Sydney's south-west was the result of a joint research project between Western Sydney University and the Maunsell SMEC design team. Privately financed at $1.5 billion, the 40km road links the M5, M4 and M2 Motorways and is an essential part of transport in greater Sydney.
The Centre for Infrastructure Engineering (opens in new window)Opens in a new window is the first of its kind in Australia and enables the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics to conduct unique cross-disciplinary research across the Engineering, Construction and Industrial Design programs.
In 2017 the Master of Engineering will be offered at the new Parramatta City campus in the heart of the Parramatta CBD.
The Master of Engineering opens up careers in diverse areas such as water, roads and buildings; robotics and mechatronics; telecommunications; manufacturing and utilities; commercial, medical and industrial product design; product management, project management and consultancy; industrial or residential development; software development and database design; system analysis, design and integration; and computer network design and management.
- Applicants must have successfully completed a recognised four year undergraduate degree, or higher, in engineering in one of the specialisations, e.g. Civil, Environmental, Mechatronic, Mechanical, Electrical, Telecommunication.
- Additional Information:
- Advanced standing may be granted for relevant prior studies for students who have successfully completed an Engineers Australia accredited four year Bachelor of Engineering program.
- Students who have successfully completed a recognised three year undergraduate degree in Science or four year Bachelor of Engineering in a different specialisation or equivalent qualifications must undertake and complete specified non-award undergraduate engineering units with approval of the Director of Academic Program before articulation to the Master of Engineering.
- Applications from Australian and New Zealand citizens and holders of permanent resident visas must be made via the Universities Admission Centre (UAC).
- Applicants who have undertaken studies overseas may have to provide proof of proficiency in English. Local and International applicants who are applying through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) will find details of minimum English proficiency requirements and acceptable proof on the UAC website. Local applicants applying directly to the University should also use the information provided on the UAC website. http://www.uac.edu.au/
- International applicants must apply directly to Western Sydney University via the International Office.
- International students applying to The University through the International Office can find details of minimum English proficiency requirements and acceptable proof on their website.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017