The programme is aimed to educate academically educated specialists and new scientists with creative thought and competence to make decisions for promoting future development of food science and food production in Europe, competitiveness in foreign markets. The Master study programme covers food product structure-mechanical properties, food sensory evaluation, sensory and consumer science, regulation of biochemical processes in human body, functional properties of food, natural substances in food system, food shelf-life analysis, development tendencies in nutrition science, genetically modified food, physical-and-chemical properties and metrology, food additive application, in food safety and identification of microorganisms, quality systems in food circulation, food system innovative development, entrepreneurship and marketing, perspective solutions in food packaging.
The study programme is completed with the elaboration and defense of the Master thesis.
Bachelor's degree of Engineering Sciences in Food Science, Bachelor's degree of Natural Sciences, Engineer qualification in Food and Beverage Technology, Professional Bachelor's degree in Catering and Hotel Management. English requirements: IELTS score 6.0, TOEFL score 547, TOEFL-iBT score 76.
Career prospects and further studies
The graduates work in all kind of food companies. Master's degree entitles graduates to continue studies in a respective doctoral programme in universities in Latvia or abroad.
Why Latvia University of Agriculture?
- WORLDWIDE RECOGNISED DIPLOMA – diploma supplement acknowledged by the European Commission. Graduates can continue studies or work all over the world.
- ADVANCED FACILITIES – modern laboratory equipment, comfortable dormitories, studies in an outstanding architectural monument – the Jelgava Palace.
- REASONABLE COSTS – be smart and spend less by studying at LLU!
- ADVANTAGEOUS GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION – major European cities can be conveniently reached by bus, airplane or ferry.
- GREEN AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT – a great way to experience Latvian culture. Despite variety of many different national and international events, Jelgava is a very safe city for everyone.
- STUDENT LIFE – well-balanced studies and cultural life, a wide variety of sports activities for free. Gain international experience by using international exchange opportunities!
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 21, 2017