M.E. in Computer Science and Technology (English-taught)
The English-taught Master of Engineering (M.E.) in Computer Science and Technology program extensively enrolls and cultivates worldwide master’s degree students under the primary discipline Computer Science and Technology, including the three sub-disciplines of Computer Software and Theory, Computer Application Technology, and System Structure.
The English-taught Computer Science and Technology program is dedicated to cultivating internationalized talents with good scientific literacy, and having a systematic and good grasp of the basic theories, knowledge, and skills of computer science and technology including hardware, software, and their practical use.
Study Duration, Credits, and Degree Awarding
In line with the Chinese university system, Masters degrees in Donghua University last for two years and a half and the school starts from fall. A typical workload of the first year full-time study is a set of courses worth a total of 34 credits, composed of 22 compulsory and 12 elective credits. From the second year, students will undertake a research project and write a dissertation. Students who are academically qualified, successfully fulfill 34 credits within designated years, accomplish the dissertation, pass the thesis defense and finally be approved by Donghua University Academic Degree Evaluation Committee will be awarded Master Degree in Engineering of Donghua University.
Compulsory Courses (22 credits)
- Introduction to the Theory of Computation）(3 credits)
- Analyzing Operating System (3 credits)
- Database System Implementation (3 credits)
- Process Algebra (3 credits)
- Introduction to China (2 credits)
- Chinese Language (8 credits)
Elective Courses (at least 4 from the courses below)
- Business Intelligence (3 credits)
- Information Security Technology for Mobile Internet (3 credits)
- Privacy Protection Technology in Mobile Network (3 credits)
- Data Mining (3 credits)
- Internet of Things (3 credits)
- System Analysis and Verification (3 credits)
- Seminars on Frontier Technologies (3 credits)
- Non-Chinese Citizens in good health, under the age of 35
- Bachelor degree graduates in related disciplines
- Non-English native speakers or applicants whose medium of instruction at undergraduate level was not English are supposed to obtain IELTS 5.5. The minimum score for TOEFL (IBT) is 72. 200 for TOEFL (CBT), or 533 for TOEFL (PBT).
Program taught in: