The Aerospace Engineering Department offers a broad program in graduate studies leading to the degrees of Master of Science (thesis and non-thesis) and Doctor of Philosophy. Graduate students can choose from the following areas of specialization:
- aerodynamics and propulsion
- structural mechanics and composites
- space systems
- flight dynamics, stability and control
Within these disciplines, the student can tailor programs in areas such as computational fluid dynamics, aeroelasticity, hypersonics, composites, smart structures, finite elements, space propulsion, robotics, and human factors.
- A bachelor's degree, GPA of 3.0 or better, in Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Courses in mathematics (Calculus I, II, III, & Differential Equations), and Thermodynamics are required to be considered for admission.
- Further admissions requirements.
- Completed applications are reviewed and considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants Without an Aerospace Engineering Degree:
- Applicants with other related engineering backgrounds can apply.
Graduate Program Prerequisites
The Aerospace Engineering Graduate Program encourages applicants with other related engineering backgrounds to apply to our program. The Graduate Admissions Committee may recommend that an incoming student take selected undergraduate courses before the core courses.
The Graduate School requires students to maintain a 3.0 GPA in all courses for credit since enrollment. Prerequisite courses are listed to assure that students have the necessary academic background before enrolling in a given course. The ENAE 283 course ( Introduction to Aerospace Systems) is required for students without any aerospace engineering background.
ENAE283 Introduction to Aerospace Systems
- Prerequisite: ENES 102, PHYS 161 and MATH 141
- Co-requisite: PHYS 260 and PHYS 261
ENAE311 Aerodynamics I
- Prerequisite: ENAE202, ENAE283, ENES220, MATH241, MATH246, MATH461, PHYS270, and PHYS271
- Co-requisite: ENME232 or ENME320
ENAE414 Aerodynamics II
- Prerequisite: ENAE 311
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017