This Master program develops skills for providing innovative and optimized solutions in the advanced design and manufacturing of products and structures for both research and industry.
The courses rely on both theoretical and practical aspects and cover the following areas: mechanical design of innovative mechanisms and products and customer-oriented design of products. Technical, human and economic factors are taken into account.
The programme of study lasts two academic years - denoted by M1 and M2. Advanced Manufacturing is one of four specialisms available within the Mechanical Engineering stream.
The language of instruction is English across the two years.
Course Content - M2
30 ECTS Credits per semester.
Language of instruction: English
|Autumn Semester Courses
|Additive Manufacturing and advanced manufacturing processes
|Design of Experiments methods for manufacturing
|Optimization in manufacturing engineering
|Manufacturing systems organization
|Multi-physics modelling for processes
|Master thesis / internship
- Develop innovative processes and products for composite and metallic materials and structures
- Design products adapted to the processes
- Work in an integrated numerical environment and in a design & manufacturing global chain
In addition to the above specialism-specific skills, students will also develop more general skills:
- Identify models, perfom simulation and analyse results
- Communicate comprehensive results in a meaningful way
- Undertake bibliographic surveys of international research and professional literature
- Manage or be part of a project
Prospects for employment or further study
- Sectors: Aeronautics, Automotive, Transportation, Wind and Marine Energy, Mechanics, Consulting
- Fields: Mechanical Engineering, Design, Materials, Advanced Processes, Additive Manufacturing, Research and Innovation
- Positions: Mechanical Engineer, Process Engineer, Design Engineer, Research and Innovation Engineer (post PhD)
Program taught in: