Name of the program: Master's Degree in Engineering: Systems and Technology Engineering
DGP Code: 557514
Normal period to graduate: 4 semesters
Degree that confers: Master in Engineering: Systems and Technology Engineering
Campus where it is offered: Hermosillo
Form human resources oriented to understand, analyze and solve complex problems within organizations dedicated to the production of goods or services through the analysis, design and improvement of productive systems; combining quality, statistical and administrative aspects; or, contemplating in its solution the management of organizational knowledge and the application of information technologies.
- To deepen in the study of areas of interest of Systems and Technology Engineering, according to the needs that are desired to be resolved by the institution and society.
- Emphasize the application of knowledge and technology to solve problems that affect the quality and productivity of organizations that produce goods or provide services.
- Promote the improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of organizations, especially those considered as small and medium-sized (SMEs), which allows the development of the state and the country to be promoted.
What Will Your Competencies Be When You Finish The Program?
The graduate will be able to analyze, design, implement and control complex systems integrated with man-machine factors, using technological principles and systems approach, contemplating among others the supply chain, production processes, sustainability, quality, control and automation , information management, knowledge management and organizational aspects, to improve productivity and competitiveness of organizations dedicated to the production of goods and services.
The graduates will have additional preparation, depending on the selected accentuation area, which will be reflected according to their thesis project:
- Quality engineering. Aptitude for the analysis, design and improvement of quality systems combining administrative and statistical aspects.
- Production. Aptitude for the analysis, design and improvement of productive systems combining the aspects of the productive chain with those of clean production.
- Information systems. Ability to use information and combine technology, people, processes and organizational mechanisms to improve the performance of companies.
List of subjects
- Mathematical statistics
- Basic subject I
- Costs and project evaluation
- Advanced research techniques
- Seminar I
- Basic subject II
- Specialization subject I
- Specialization subject II
- Optional subject I
- Seminar II
- Applied research I
- Specialization subject III
- Optional subject II
- Seminar III
- Applied research II
- Seminar IV
Basic subject I:
- Introduction to Knowledge Management Systems
- Control systems
Basic subject II:
- Production systems I
- Information technology
- Industrial automation
Specialization Subjects and Electives
- Quality systems
- Design of experiments
- Regression analysis
- Multivariable analysis
- Advanced quality topics
- Quality assurance
- Foundations of lean six sigma
- Industrial ecology
- Cleaner production and prevention of pollution
- Design for the environment
- Environmental and occupational health
- Production systems II
- Computer-integrated manufacturing
- Productive and service chains
- Simulation of production systems
- Warehouse technology
- Automated manufacturing
- Information Systems Development
- Workflow process engineering
- Software Engineering
- Electronic business
- Database systems
Lines of generation and / or application of knowledge of the program.
- Industrial Systems and Technology. This line of research includes:
- Production. Analysis, design and improvement of productive systems combining the aspects of the productive chain with those of clean production in companies dedicated to the production of goods and services.
- Quality engineering. Analysis, design and improvement of quality systems combining administrative and statistical aspects.
- Knowledge Management Systems. This line of research includes:
- Information systems. Organizational systems and information technologies for the study, evaluation, design and / or application of techniques and / or tools to support knowledge management to improve the productivity and competitiveness of organizations dedicated to the production of goods and services.
Dr. Mario Barceló Valenzuela
Dr. Victor Hugo Benítez Baltazar
MC Guillermo Cuamea Cruz
Dr. Jaime Alfonso León Duarte
Dr. Alonso Pérez Soltero
Dr. Luis Felipe Romero Dessens
Dr. Gerardo Sánchez Schmitz
Dr. Jorge Luis Taddei Bringas
MC Carlos Anaya Eredias
Dr. María Elena Anaya Pérez
Dr. Agustín Brau Ávila
Dr. Federico Cirett Galán
Dr. María de los Ángeles Navarrete Hinojosa
Dr. José Luis Ochoa Hernández
Dr. Jaime Olea Miranda
Dr. Raquel Torres Peralta
How to enter this postgraduate course?
- Original of the birth certificate and 2 copies.
- Copy of the certificate of studies with minimum average of 80.
- Copy of the bachelor's degree.
- Application for admission to the program.
- 3 letters of recommendation.
- 4 photographs child size.
- Copy of the CURP.
- Approve the contents of the preparatory courses obtaining a minimum average of 70.
- Have studied some programming language.
- Submit official TOEFL document with at least 420 points or equivalent in the different versions of the TOEFL exam; or accreditation of language level 5 of the Universidad de Sonora .
- Curriculum vitae with probative documents of academic and / or professional experience.
- Personal interview with the Academic Committee.
- The particular requirements established by the School Services Office for students accepted in the graduate program.
The person who aspires to enter the program requires professional studies in areas related to engineering, mainly those related to industrial, information systems and mechatronics.
What do you need to get the degree?
To obtain a master's degree, you must:
- Approve the total credits and meet the other requirements established in the corresponding graduate program.
- Proof of understanding a language other than Spanish, as established by the Academic Committee of the Postgraduate Program according to the study program.
- Pass the examination of grade in the written phase and in the oral phase before a jury named ex profeso.
- Comply with the provisions and requirements demanded by the School Services Office for the issuance of the degree.
To obtain the degree it is necessary to have covered the credits corresponding to the postgraduate syllabus, have prepared and approved their written thesis work, and the degree examination, consisting of the oral defense of the thesis before a jury appointed by the Academic Committee of the Postgraduate
How much does it cost to study this postgraduate course?
The registration cost of applicants to enter the Universidad de Sonora is announced annually along with the first entry notice.
Registration and tuition fees
Students, when enrolling in any of the graduate programs, must cover the corresponding fees according to the current minimum wage in the city of Hermosillo, as established in the Quotas Regulation.
Dr. Alonso Pérez Soltero
Rosales and Blvd. Luis Encinas s / n, Col. Centro, CP 83000, Building 5O. Hermosillo, Sonora.
Tel: 52 (662) 259 2157, 52 (662) 259 2159
href = "http://mii.isi.uson.mx/
About the School
La Universidad de Sonora es una institución pública autónoma que tiene como misión formar, en programas educativos de calidad y pertinencia, profesionales integrales y competentes a nivel nacional e i ... Read More