MEngSc Water, Waste & Environmental Engineering FT
Graduate Taught (level 9 nfq, credits 90)
This programme prepares graduates to work in the broad field of environmental protection and management. Students in this programme will gain advanced theoretical and conceptual knowledge and understanding in the area of environmental engineering on topics such as engineering hydrology, environmental modelling, water and wastewater treatment, solid waste management, and environmental data analysis, among others.
- The programme is delivered by a School that is highly ranked among leading world universities - top 200 in the QS world subject rankings
- A culturally diverse group of internationally renowned academic staff deliver the programme.
Who should apply?
Full Time option suitable for:
Domestic(EEA) applicants: Yes
International (Non EEA) applicants currently residing outside of the EEA Region. Yes
Part Time option suitable for:
Domestic(EEA) applicants: Yes
International (Non EEA) applicants currently residing outside of the EEA Region. No
This programme is designed for graduates from recognised 4-year (240 ECTS) honours level bachelor of engineering programmes (or equivalent) who wish to specialise in environmental engineering. (Graduates from “first cycle” (3-year, 180 ECTS) engineering programmes should see the related ME in Civil and Environmental Engineering.)
Graduates from the programme will find employment as engineers in the private sector (e.g., engineering consultancy, engineering design, project management, risk assessment,waste management), in the public sector (e.g., environmental protection, regulation, standards development, local government, river basin management), and in the non governmental sector (e.g., environmental advocacies, NGO’s), or may wish to pursue further qualifications (e.g., PhD, MBA) to become even more specialised.
Employers of environmental engineers include commercial firms, engineering consultancies, government agencies, and non-governmental organisations, all well known in Ireland and many with global operations. Some of these include:
• RPS Group • White Young Green • Nicholas O’Dwyer • Atkins • Greenstar • Arup • McKinsey and Company • Mazars • Environmental Protection Agency • Local Authorities • Engineers Without Borders • Engineers Against Poverty • Friends of the Earth
Fees, Funding and Scholarships
MEngSc Water, Waste & Environmental Engineering (T277) Full Time
- EU fee per year - € 7490
- nonEU fee per year - € 23800
MEngSc Water, Waste & Environmental Engineering (T278) Part Time
- EU fee per year - € 3830
***Fees are subject to change
Tuition fee information is available on the UCD Fees website. Please note that UCD offers a number of graduate scholarships for full-time, self-funding international students, holding an offer of a place on a UCD graduate degree programme. For further information please see International Scholarships.
- Applicants need to hold a recognised bachelor’s degree (honours) in engineering (minimum 4-yr, 240 ECTS), preferably in civil engineering or environmental engineering, or equivalent with high academic grades, i.e. a minimum 2H1 Honours level or its equivalent (your transcript should include grades for each subject taken); names and contact details of two referees who can assess your intellectual ability, maturity and motivation.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
Karl Corcoran, OCSC Consulting Engineers.
I chose the MEngSc Water, Waste & Environmental Engineering because it was the only programme of this nature available in the Republic of Ireland. A mixture of lectures and workshops for several modules also allowed me to gain hands-on experience of some of the computer packages used in the fields of water, waste and environmental engineering. I am currently working with OCSC Consulting Engineers. The position I was hired for, and the main sectors that I am currently working in, were those covered in the MEngSc and having completed this masters certainly helped me to obtain employment in this field. I would highly recommend this programme.
*Courses will remain open until such time as all places have been filled, therefore early application is advised
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017