The objective of the Master of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering (Automotive Option) is to prepare graduates for leadership positions within the automotive industry.
The University of Windsor is known as “Canada’s Automotive University” and you will experience firsthand the reasons why – through collaborations with industry and other partners. You will have access to exceptional research laboratories where you will receive hands-on experience and further develop your knowledge.
At the University of Windsor, we strive to create an environment of learning, opportunity, and personal and professional growth. Our students go on to pursue careers in government, industry and at various universities across North America and the world.
Our friendly and safe campus is ideal for learning about and becoming a part of the automotive industry. We are located on the Canada-United States border in the automotive and manufacturing heartland of North America. Our unique location means that we can offer our students opportunities for international study, research and work experience that no other university in Canada can match.
Learn from the best
The key to a great university education is the quality of its teaching and research done by its professors. At the University of Windsor, you will be interacting with world-class faculty conducting cutting-edge research in the automotive area. They will be your mentors as you prepare yourself for the careers of the future. You will combine what you learn in the classroom with practical application so that you are ready for the world of opportunities that will follow your university studies.
MEng Mechanical Engineering (Automotive Option) is a professional, course based Masters program. The goal of the program is to provide you with the opportunity to extend your understanding of automotive engineering principles, with an emphasis on operation, design, materials and manufacturing along with some aspects of business and management.
You will study and live in Canada for approximately one year and will complete eight courses. The courses are selected by academic administration and will vary from year to year. Students who require additional English language training must complete a eight week English language training program and orientation to Canada prior to commencing their studies. Students who demonstrate excellent English language skills will be exempted from this program.
The Master of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering (Automotive Option) consists of eight prescribed courses taught over three academic terms.
Courses may include:
- Advanced Internal Combustion Engines
- Hybrid Powertrains
- Fundamentals of Clean Engine Technology
- Advanced Manufacturing Methods
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Automotive Sensor Systems
- Vehicle Thermal Management
- Automotive Applications for Noise, Vibration & Harshness Evaluation
- After-treatment & Internal Combustion Engine Modeling
- Paint & Industrial Coatings
- Vehicle Concept Development
The courses will vary from year to year depending on current market trends in the automotive industry and availability.
Admission requirements for the Master of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering (Automotive Option)
- Confirmation of successful completion of a Bachelor of Applied Science (or equivalent degree) in Engineering from an academic institution approved by the University of Windsor. Applicants with degrees in related fields may also be considered.
- Evidence of having obtained a B average (75%) or higher in undergraduate studies (when converted to University of Windsor standards).
- Demonstrated English proficiency by meeting or exceeding one of the following test: - IELTS score of at least 6.5 or equivalent
- A successful interview with a representative from the University of Windsor
- Two letters of reference
Enrolment is limited. Preference will be given to candidates who exceed the above minimum requirements and those who have relevant work experience.
In the summer following the completion of all coursework, you may have an opportunity to participate in an optional internship. This will allow you to apply your new knowledge and skills to real world situations within various organisations.
If opportunities are limited, the selection may become a competitive process. We cannot guarantee that an internship will be offered to each student.
Compliment your education
Extracurricular activities are an important part of your education. From time to time, arrangements may be made for you to participate in seminars about industry leading topics.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017