The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Integrated Water Management is an intensive one-year degree program that will enable you to spearhead initiatives focused on water use, treatment, research and protection.
Participants of the program will learn how to apply physical, chemical and biological unit operations and processes to water resources, and will become conversant with regulatory and environmental frameworks.
Due to the growing demand in the public and private sectors for water management professionals, graduates of this program will be highly sought after for their combination of leadership and technical sector-specific skills.
In just one year, this master’s degree will:
- equip you with an understanding of the aquatic environment; how to apply physical, chemical and biological unit operations and processes to water resources; and increase your familiarity with regulatory and environmental frameworks
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain
- provide a dynamic learning environment that includes working on collaborative projects with students and faculty
- offer opportunities for you to learn from world-renowned faculty and industry experts
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication
Watch this video and learn more about this technical management program from our students and professors.
- Undergraduate degree with an overall average of 76 %
- Document proving your current citizenship (usually a passport or other citizenship document from your country) or your Canadian permanent residency
Program Specific Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in chemical and biological engineering, civil engineering, geological engineering or a related discipline in engineering, environmental sciences, geology, fluid mechanics, hydrology, biotechnology, biology, biogeography or microbiology
- Two or more years of relevant work experience
As a graduate of this program, you will have the skills to take your career to the next level – developing and leading advanced and sustainable water management initiatives.
The MEL in Integrated Water Management is a 12-month, full-time program. Many of the courses you take will adopt a flipped classroom format. This means that you will be expected to review course content ahead of classroom time, through readings or watching lecture videos. During classroom time, you’ll be engaged in discussions and activities to apply what you’ve learned. This could include case studies, group project work, and experiments and demonstrations.
Our graduates will be in high demand locally, nationally and internationally by employers in industry and government seeking professionals who can develop and deliver sustainable water management initiatives.
Cost & Fees
- International students: CAD $50,265.44 per year
- Canadian students: CAD $28,652.62 per year
- Degree: Master of Engineering Leadership
- Subject: Engineering
- Mode of delivery: On campus
- Specialization: Integrated Water Management
- Program Components: Coursework only
- Faculty: Faculty of Applied Science
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 1, 2018