Program update: The MEL in Green Bio-Products will not be accepting applications for the 2019 intake. Check our other MEL program offerings for further opportunities.
The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Green Bio-Products is an intensive one-year degree program that will equip you with the technical and leadership skills required to contribute to the growing bio-economy. UBC is a world leader in creating innovative value from forest biomass, and graduates of this program will take their place as technical leaders and sector specialists in this growing industry.
Propel Your Career Forward
This unique master’s degree program will:
- help you acquire the skills to develop advanced technical processes and product ideas and take on senior project management roles;
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain;
- provide a dynamic learning environment that includes working on collaborative projects with students and faculty;
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty and industry experts; and
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication.
You are eligible for this program if you meet the MEL admission requirements and you have:
- an undergraduate degree in applied science, science or forestry, such as chemical and biological engineering, forestry, wood products processing, chemistry or plant science; and
- three or more years of relevant work experience.
As a graduate of this program, you will have the skills to take your career to the next level – working as an industry leader who is a peer to your engineering team members and confidently managing projects.
The MEL in Green Bio-Products is a 12-month, full-time program. Many of the courses you take will adopt a flipped classroom format. This means that you will be expected to review course content ahead of classroom time, through readings or watching lecture videos. During classroom time, you’ll be engaged in discussions and activities to apply what you’ve learned. This could include case studies, group project work, and experiments and demonstrations.
Our graduates will be in high demand locally, nationally and internationally, equipped to take on challenging roles in this rapidly evolving sector. They will be participating in developing advanced technical processes, product ideation and take on senior management roles.
Cost & Fees
- International students: CAD $48,801.40 per year
- Canadian students: CAD $28,090 per year
- Degree: Master of Engineering Leadership
- Subject: Engineering
- Mode of delivery: On campus
- Specialization: Green BioProducts
- Program Components: Coursework only
- Faculty: Faculty of Applied Science
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 1, 2018