The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Dependable Software Systems is an intensive one-year degree program for software engineers who want to explore the principles and techniques for maintaining the integrity and reliability of software systems in diverse application areas.
With their broad foundation for analyzing and addressing software dependability issues across many different industry sectors, graduates of this program will be highly sought after by employers.
Watch this video and learn more about this unique technical management program from our students and professors.
Propel Your Career Forward
This unique master’s degree program will:
- deepen your understanding of how to develop and maintain dependable systems;
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain;
- provide a dynamic learning environment that includes collaborative projects with students and faculty, as well as a major capstone project enabling you to gain specific domain expertise;
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty and industry experts; and
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication.
You are eligible for this program if you meet the MEL admission requirements and you have:
- an undergraduate degree in computer engineering, software engineering or computer science;
- coding proficiency; and
- three or more years of relevant work experience.
As a graduate of this program, you will have the skills to take your career to the next level – tackling complex software engineering challenges while confidently leading collaborative teams.
The MEL in Dependable Software Systems is a 12-month, full-time program.
Many of the courses you take will adopt a flipped classroom format. This means that you will be expected to review course content ahead of classroom time, through readings or watching lecture videos. During classroom time, you’ll be engaged in discussions and activities to apply what you’ve learned. This could include case studies, group project work, and experiments and demonstrations.
With their broad foundation for analyzing and addressing software dependability issues across many different industry sectors, graduates of this program prepares students for software jobs as well as roles in automotive, aviation and health care industries. Graduates will be highly sought after by employers locally, nationally and internationally, with government and industry employers constantly seeking experts in this field.
This school offers programs in:
Cost & Fees
- International students: CAD $48,801.40 per year
- Canadian students: CAD $28,090 per year
- Degree: Master of Engineering Leadership
- Subject: Engineering
- Mode of delivery: On campus
- Specialization: Dependable Software Systems
- Program Components: Coursework only
- Faculty: Faculty of Applied Science
Last updated June 7, 2017