The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Clean Energy Engineering is an intensive one-year degree program for engineers and environmental science graduates who want to make their sustainable vision a reality and advance their careers in the in-demand field of clean energy.
Both government and private industry are fueling demand for clean energy experts with the creative and visionary skills to minimize environmental impacts, promote geopolitical stability and enable economic diversification. Graduates can expect to pursue clean energy careers locally, nationally and internationally.
In just one year, this master’s degree will:
- deepen your knowledge of sustainable energy systems, energy storage, energy distribution networks, energy efficiency and energy policy
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain
- provide a dynamic learning environment that includes project work, seminars, conferences and other innovative teaching strategies
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty and industry experts at UBC’s high-tech facilities and multidisciplinary research centres
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication
Watch this video and learn more about this technical management program from our students and professors.
- Undergraduate degree with an overall average of 76 %
- Document proving your current citizenship (usually a passport or other citizenship document from your country) or your Canadian permanent residency
Program Specific Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or a bachelor of science degree in environmental science
- Completed a second-year undergraduate thermodynamics course
- Three or more years of relevant work experience
As a graduate of this program, you will have the skills to take your career in clean energy to the next level – tackling complex engineering challenges in this in-demand field while confidently leading collaborative teams.
The MEL in Clean Energy Engineering is a 12-month, full-time program. Many of the courses you take will adopt a flipped classroom format. This means that you will be expected to review course content ahead of classroom time, through readings or watching lecture videos. During classroom time, you’ll be engaged in discussions and activities to apply what you’ve learned. This could include case studies, group project work, and experiments and demonstrations.
Our graduates will be in high demand locally, nationally and internationally, with government and industry employers constantly seeking experts in the field who can develop new processes and systems.
Cost & Fees
- International students: CAD $50,265.44 per year
- Canadian students: CAD $28,652.62 per year
Please note that UBC tuition and student fees are approved by the Board of Governors following consultation with students and are subject to change in future academic years. 2020 program tuition fees to be announced early 2019.
- Degree: Master of Engineering Leadership
- Subject: Engineering
- Mode of delivery: On campus
- Specialization: Clean Energy Engineering
- Program Components: Coursework only
- Faculty: Faculty of Applied Science
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 1, 2018