The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Advanced Materials Manufacturing is an intensive one-year degree program for engineers who want to advance their careers in the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing sectors.
Experts in advanced materials manufacturing are instrumental to the research, development, testing and optimization of new multi-material manufacturing solutions to lighten cars and planes and reduce their environmental footprint. This is a rapidly evolving field and the growing need across multiple industries for those technical experts make participants of the program highly sought after.
In just one year, this master’s degree will:
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain
- deepen your technical skill base through advanced simulation tools and case studies
- provide a dynamic learning environment that includes both classroom learning and integrated hands-on training
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty and industry experts at UBC’s high-tech facilities and multidisciplinary research centres
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication
Watch this video and learn more about this technical management program from our students and professors.
- Undergraduate degree with an overall average of 76 %
- Document proving your current citizenship (usually a passport or other citizenship document from your country) or your Canadian permanent residency
Program Specific Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in materials engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering or a related discipline
- One or more years of relevant work experience in high-tech manufacturing industries such as aerospace or automotive
As a graduate of this program, you will have the skills to take your career in the advanced manufacturing sector to the next level – directing detailed engineering analyses while confidently leading collaborative teams.
The MEL in Advanced Materials Manufacturing is a 12-month, full-time program. Many of the courses you take will adopt a flipped classroom format. This means that you will be expected to review course content ahead of classroom time, through readings or watching lecture videos. During classroom time, you’ll be engaged in discussions and activities to apply what you’ve learned. This could include case studies, group project work, and experiments and demonstrations.
As a graduate of this program, you can expect to advance your career locally, nationally and internationally. Employers in industry and government are seeking talented engineers in sectors that include forestry, mining, energy, electricity and the environment. And given the continued importance of resource-based industries to both the Canadian and global economy, graduates of this program are expected to be in high demand.
Cost & Fees
- International students: CAD $50,265.44 per year
- Canadian students: CAD $28,652.62 per year
Please note that UBC tuition and student fees are approved by the Board of Governors following consultation with students and are subject to change in future academic years. 2020 program tuition fees to be announced early 2019.
- Degree: Master of Engineering Leadership
- Subject: Engineering
- Mode of delivery: On campus
- Specialization: Advanced Materials Manufacturing
- Program Components: Coursework only
- Faculty: Faculty of Applied Science
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 1, 2018