The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Advanced Materials Manufacturing is an intensive one-year degree program for engineers who want to advance their careers in the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing sectors. There is a growing need across multiple industries for technical experts in advanced materials manufacturing. This is a rapidly evolving field, and companies are challenged to find engineers who have the sector-relevant cross-disciplinary technical expertise to develop innovative solutions. Watch this video and learn more about this unique technical management program from our students and professors.
Propel Your Career Forward
This unique master’s degree program will:
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain;
- deepen your technical skill base through advanced simulation tools and case studies;
- provide a dynamic learning environment that includes both classroom learning and integrated hands-on training;
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty and industry experts at UBC’s high-tech facilities and multidisciplinary research centres; and
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication.
You are eligible for this program if you meet the MEL admission requirements and you have:
- an undergraduate degree in materials engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering or a related discipline; and
- one or more years of relevant work experience in high-tech manufacturing industries such as aerospace or automotive.
As a graduate of this program, you will have the skills to take your career in the advanced manufacturing sector to the next level – directing detailed engineering analyses while confidently leading collaborative teams.
The MEL in Advanced Materials Manufacturing is a 12-month, full-time program. Many of the courses you take will adopt a flipped classroom format. This means that you will be expected to review course content ahead of classroom time, through readings or watching lecture videos. During classroom time, you’ll be engaged in discussions and activities to apply what you’ve learned. This could include case studies, group project work, and experiments and demonstrations.
As a graduate of this program, you can expect to advance your career locally, nationally and internationally. Employers in industry and government are seeking talented engineers in sectors that include forestry, mining, energy, electricity and the environment. And given the continued importance of resource-based industries to both the Canadian and global economy, graduates of this program are expected to be in high demand.
Cost & Fees
- International students: CAD $48,801.40 per year
- Canadian students: CAD $28,090 per year
- Degree: Master of Engineering Leadership
- Subject: Engineering
- Mode of delivery: On campus
- Specialization: Advanced Materials Manufacturing
- Program Components: Coursework only
- Faculty: Faculty of Applied Science
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 30, 2017