The objectives of the Master of Engineering are: to provide postgraduate education and prepare individuals for a lifelong career in critical areas of engineering and management related decision making in the public or private sectors.
The main objective of the Master of Engineering program is to attract outstanding individuals to pursue research of the highest standard, with relevance to the field of engineering and technology.
This is a research-based program. Candidates will be required to conduct research work and submit a thesis for internal and external examination
This program comprised three parts:
- Part I - Compulsory Core Courses
- Part II - Research
- Part III - Thesis Examination
Part II - Research
In Part II, candidates will continue to do research and thesis preparation through self-managed learning and or independent study under the guidance of a supervisor. Each candidate must meet the assigned supervisor at least three times per semester before he/she can progress in the subsequent semester.
A candidate can choose any of the following specialization areas to pursue their research:
- a. Technology Management Research and Development
- b. Technology Development and Project Management
- c. Technology Management Technology Transfer and Implementation
- d. Technology Management Production and Quality Management
- e. Control Engineering
- f. Operation Research
- g. Production Engineering
- h. Civil Engineering and Geotechnic
- i. Electrical and Power Engineering
- j. Chemical Engineering
- k. Environmental Management
- l. Mechanical Engineering
Part III - Thesis Examination
In Part III, the student has completed the thesis and is ready to submit the thesis for examination. An internal examiner and one external examiner will be appointed to assess the MSc (Engineering) thesis. The candidate will be examined in the Viva Voce session.
- Bachelor's Degree with honours in Engineering or its equivalent OR
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with at least two years relevant work experience
About the School
Our mission is to become a cradle of excellence in education, training and research through providing leadership in the educational and the technological world by carefully selecting students of chara ... Read More