The complexity of modern day civil engineering in a different specialized field (i.e. water resources, structures, building foundations and soil problems, transportation and traffic problems, the management of construction projects that are environmental-friendly) requires an up-to-date engineering knowledge. Advanced technical know-how, has become a compulsory qualification and essential to all future and practicing engineers.
The Faculty of Engineering, UNIMAS is committed to taking the challenge of updating and enhancing the engineering knowledge through a Master of Engineering (Civil) Program by Coursework.
Opportunities are open to :
- Fresh graduates
- Practicing engineers
- Academicians who wish to enhance their academic knowledge through further studies
PROGRAM DURATION & SCHEDULE
The program COULD BE completed within a minimum period of ONE (1) YEAR (Semester 1, Semester 2 & Intersession) to a maximum period of FOUR (4) years. Teaching and learning activities for the program are conducted on weekdays.
THE PROGRAM STRUCTURE
Students are to accumulate 40 credits hours during their studies - 17 credit hours (inclusive of 2 credit hours of thesis) in Semester 1 and 2 respectively, and another 6 credit hours of dissertation in the intersession.
For admission into the program, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or;
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent but CGPA less than 2.50 may be admitted subject to a minimum of five years working experience in the relevant field or,
- Other equivalent qualifications approved by Senate
- For international students, an IELTS score of 6.0 is required in addition to the entry requirements.
About the School
Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS), Malaysia's eighth university was officially incorporated on 24 December 1992. A university that is contemporary in character and forward-looking in outlook, it is ... Read More