The complexity of modern day civil engineering in a different specialized field (i.e. water resources, structures, building foundations and soil problems, transportation and traffic problems, the management of construction projects that are environmental-friendly) requires an up-to-date engineering knowledge. Advanced technical know-how, has become a compulsory qualification and essential to all future and practicing engineers.
The Faculty of Engineering, UNIMAS is committed to taking the challenge of updating and enhancing the engineering knowledge through a Master of Engineering (Civil) Program by Coursework.
Opportunities are open to :
- Fresh graduates
- Practicing engineers
- Academicians who wish to enhance their academic knowledge through further studies
PROGRAM DURATION & SCHEDULE
The program COULD BE completed within a minimum period of ONE (1) YEAR (Semester 1, Semester 2 & Intersession) to a maximum period of FOUR (4) years. Teaching and learning activities for the program are conducted on weekdays.
THE PROGRAM STRUCTURE
Students are to accumulate 40 credits hours during their studies - 17 credit hours (inclusive of 2 credit hours of thesis) in Semester 1 and 2 respectively, and another 6 credit hours of dissertation in the intersession.
For admission into the program, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or;
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent but CGPA less than 2.50 may be admitted subject to a minimum of five years working experience in the relevant field or,
- Other equivalent qualifications approved by Senate
- For international students, an IELTS score of 6.0 is required in addition to the entry requirements.