A unique program designed to prepare you for high-level and strategic responsibilities in education.
The Master of Educational Studies at UOWD will provide you with specialized knowledge in education practice and leadership to take on a strategic role in the advancement of the UAE schooling system.
Designed in collaboration with industry experts, this program will position you at the forefront of innovation and best practice in the education sector.
18 - 24 months
Spring - February
Summer - June
Autumn - September
(VAT 5% inclusive)
Avail a 20%* introductory discount and save up to AED 18,900 on your full tuition fees when you enroll for the Master of Educational Studies program. Offer only available for the Spring intakes 2019. *T&C's Apply
If you are not ready to pursue a full-time Master’s program but would like to become a skilled teacher, the Graduate Diploma will strengthen your professional portfolio.
Designed to develop your leadership potential
This program will prepare you for high-level and strategic responsibilities, helping you to discover new practices in learning management and to develop your teaching, professional, and institution leadership skills.
Industry informed and aligned
Designed in collaboration with key industry stakeholders, the program will teach you how to apply advanced theories and practices in education at national and international levels.
Focussed on best practice
With an emphasis on curriculum development, instructional design, pedagogy, assessment, cognitive and affective development, and teacher leadership competencies, this program will position you at the forefront of innovation and best practice in the education sector.
Contribution to educational research
Through the independent research project, you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to evidence-based educational practice in the UAE.
Accreditation and Recognition
The program is accredited by the UAE Ministry of Education - Higher Education Affairs, and quality assured by UOW Australia, and therefore recognized throughout the UAE and internationally. Upon graduation, students can choose either a degree certificate from UOWD or a degree certificate from UOW Australia.
On successful completion of the Master of Educational Studies, you will be equipped with the skills and experience to:
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of theory and practice within the field of education in national and international contexts.
- Design assessment tools and tasks and interpret data and evidence to reflect on the impact of teaching on learning outcomes.
- Implement relevant technical knowledge in curriculum design, pedagogy and new technologies to engage students in learning.
- Implement appropriate instruction and management practices for inclusive and productive learning environments.
- Conduct independent research and reflect critically on the ways in which educational theory and research inform teaching practice.
- Demonstrate professional leadership in managing and leading teaching and learning in educational institutions.
To achieve a Master of Educational Studies from UOWD you will complete the following subjects:
- EDGX901 Psychology for Educators
- EDMS922 Assessment and Reporting in a School Context
- EDGZ803 Current Issues in Education: Curriculum, Pedagogy, and Policy
- EDGL901 Educational Leadership
- EDGI900 Technology in Education
- EDGS916 Models of Behaviour Management
- EDGS901 Inclusive Education: Strategies, Policies, and Legislation
- EDGL911 Leadership of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- EDGZ921 Research and Inquiry
- EDGL923 Personal and Non-academic Educational Leadership Attributes
- EDGL909 Leadership of Effective Change
- EDGZ906 Minor Research Project in Education
Program taught in: