Dar Al-Hekma University has launched a number of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree Programs, among which is the Masters of Educational Leadership, the first master’s degree program offered in Arabic at the University. This launch is part of an educational plan based on a study of the needs of the Saudi labor market for such specialties.
The Educational Leadership program, accredited from the Saudi Ministry of Education, prepares qualified graduates for a variety of job opportunities in the labor market in several areas including leadership and management of educational institutions, curriculum assessment, educational consultancy, research positions in the field of education, and teacher training.
The mission of the Master of Educational Leadership Program (MEL) is to prepare educational leaders who will be able to support scientific research, promote analytical critical thinking, and make an effective and distinctive impact in educational institutions and communities.
Why Choose the Master of Educational Leadership Program at Dar Al-Hekma?
As there is a great demand in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for women with leadership and managerial skills who can contribute to the development of the country, the Master’s of Educational Leadership program fills this need by:
- providing women with the necessary leadership skills that would enable them to be proponents of positive change in all educational and life domains;
- following an innovative and empowering curriculum;
- promoting awareness of the honorable mission of educators and reinforcing professional and ethical best practices;
- giving the opportunity to students in the program to apply leadership skills using the latest leadership theories while improving their planning and educational design skills;
- stimulating creativity, problem-solving, effective communication, and analytical skills through classwork and field experiences;
- promoting and reinforcing the concept of scientific research, its advanced strategies, and its significance in the field of education; and
- keeping abreast of technological advancement, the program trains students in the use of technology in the teaching and learning processes.
The Program has been developed by educational leadership and school management experts in compliance with high local and international standards. Students in the program enjoy a conducive-to-learning environment where they share their educational experiences, exchange ideas, exercise tolerance while enhancing their self-confidence and team spirit.
The Master of Educational Leadership Program, which is accredited by the Saudi Ministry of Education, qualifies its graduates for a wide scope of job opportunities on the market such as:
- Administrative and educational positions in educational institutions;
- Leadership and management of educational institutions;
- Curriculum evaluation/design consultants;
- Research positions in the field of education;
- Training teachers in the latest teaching methods.
About the School
Located in the heart of the metropolitan city of Jeddah, Dar Al-Hekma is one of Saudi Arabia's leading teaching and research universities for young women. Since its opening in 1999, Dar Al-Hekma is de ... Read More