Master of Educational Leadership
Enhance your career prospects with a specialised programme that challenges you personally and professionally. Make a difference to the quality of education and create opportunities for your future leadership in education.
Work with academics who are internationally recognised for their leadership research and practice. Develop the skills, knowledge and dispositions to be an effective educational leader.
Complete coursework at a pace that suits you – part-time while you work, or full-time over 18 months. This qualification can also be studied at the University of Waikato Tauranga.
- Examine leadership systems and practices to support change and innovation in organisational contexts.
- Inquire into personal leadership practice.
- Understand, critique and contribute to the educational research that is shaping New Zealand's educational policy and practice
- Locate leadership work in a framework of social justice and seek to make a difference for high-needs students.
- Develop the skills, knowledge and dispositions to be an effeictive educational leader
- Enhance leadership networks by contributing to a vibrant professional learning community
- Flexible delivery (NET/Block course)
Admission and enrolment
Admission normally requires a bachelors degree with at least B average and a teaching qualification. Note: Transfers from PGDips and Hons programmes on to 180-point masters are possible prior to formal completion of the PGDips and Hons qualifications in Education.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 6, 2017