Master of Education
The Master of Education in Collaborative Teaching and Learning provides the next level of skills and credentials possessed by accomplished teachers seeking to advance a career in education.
The program is offered to teachers currently holding or fully eligible for the Florida Professional Certificate and is focused on further developing the advanced knowledge and accomplished practice of the most professional and career-minded teachers.
After more than 100 years of training teachers, Florida Southern’s reputation among educators is unsurpassed. Recognized for their leadership, management, and motivational abilities, our graduates enjoy a high job placement rate and are impacting their classrooms, schools, and communities on a daily basis.
The curriculum provides both practical knowledge and professional networking opportunities through partnerships with practitioners who work in the schools every day. You will have the opportunity to connect with the very people who will help you advance your career.
You can have the highest degree of confidence in the professors, staff, and practitioners who will help you succeed. Every faculty member in the graduate program holds a doctorate degree. They are experts in their field, bringing hands-on, real-world experience to the classroom and clinical settings.
You may complete your degree in as few as four semesters. Courses are 100% online and provide flexible and convenient scheduling that meets your needs through online and clinical learning.
Teachers who host a Florida Southern College education student for field study or internship earn a voucher for one free Florida Southern College School of Education course, up to four credits. There is no limit to the number you can earn; however, they are nontransferable. Vouchers may be applied to any School of Education course offered and can be used toward the completion of a degree program. Have you hosted an FSC student intern? Contact us to redeem your free course.
The School of Education also offers a Doctorate in Educational Leadership (EdD) for those wishing to pursue the highest level of education and leadership in their field.
MED ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A completed online graduate application form;
- Teacher Certification (Applicant must hold or be fully eligible for the Florida Professional Educator Certificate);
- A résumé or CV of educational and work experience;
- Personal statement of your expectations of a graduate program to include personal and professional goals;
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education as verified by an official transcript of all undergraduate work completed with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 overall or a composite score of 297 on the GRE or 393 on the MAT tests;
- Three professional recommendations (FSC recommendation forms may be used).
Program taught in: