Be the Inspiration. Live Your Passion.
The Master of Education program is a 30-credit advanced-degree program that focuses on theory and pedagogy. Within each specialization, you will develop skills and knowledge that deepen an educator’s understanding of the field. Whether you are a K-12 educator or a higher education professional, we have a program that will help build toward your future.
Students are offered areas of specialization in a number of distinct fields. The flexible curriculum allows students to tailor their coursework to explore their interests and to build interdisciplinary knowledge. We are committed to training highly professional educators to meet the needs of diverse learners in a variety of contexts.
Which Specialization Is Right for You?
Are you already a certified teacher?
- Any of our specializations will allow you to continue your career and professional learning.
Don't have certification, but want to bolster your credentials to teach in a private or religious school?
- Consider our Teaching and Learning or Religion, Theology and Society specializations.
Want to deepen your understanding of diversity and culture?
- Our Equity and Culture specialization would be a good start.
Currently, working in higher education administration?
- The Conflict Resolution specialization will deepen your work and refine your skills.
Core Requirements (9 credits)
- Proseminar in Education Theory and Practice
- Teaching as Inquiry and Advocacy
- Master’s Thesis
Electives (6 credits)
- Taken from existing Caspersen School of Graduate Studies courses with approval by advisor.
Area of Specialization (15 credits from one area of specialization)
- English as a Second Language
- Teaching Students with Disabilities
- Literacy and Technology
- Equity and Culture
- Teaching and Learning
- Conflict Resolution
- Religion, Theology and Society
- Start Term: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Application Deadlines: Rolling Admissions
- Personal Statement
- Official Transcripts From All Post-Secondary Institutions
- Bachelor's Degree From an Accredited Institution
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- $35 Application Fee
We've Lowered Our Tuition for Education Students.
Starting in fall 2019, Drew's teacher education programs will be just $800 per credit. Additionally, 92% of our students qualify for scholarships or other financial assistance, including a special Educator Scholarship.
Program taught in:
See 7 more programs offered by Drew University »
Last updated June 18, 2019
This course is
Aug 26, 2019
Jan 13, 2020
per credit (Tuition)
Aug 26, 2019
Jan 13, 2020
May 18, 2020