The Master of Education will update your professional knowledge and qualifications while exploring new developments and changes in education.
Stay up to date with the latest education knowledge
Massey uses an inquiry-based and inter-professional learning model that results in best-practice learning and teaching experiences which can immediately be applied in your own setting. Our Master of Education offers the largest number of endorsements of any postgraduate degree of its kind in New Zealand. Alternatively, you may want to follow an unendorsed pathway where you can choose from any of the courses in the endorsement areas or the elective schedule.
Flexible study to suit you
You’ll benefit from a range of distance and blended-learning delivery options that provide flexible learning opportunities regardless of your location.
Learn from highly qualified, well-regarded teachers who are supportive and provide a high level of pastoral care. We use a variety of technologies to personalise your experience and provide an anywhere, anytime learning environment.
Advance through your studies
The Master of Education is now offered as a 180-credit degree, which means you can complete it in as little as 1.5 years of full-time study.
Join us in promoting the scholarship of teaching and learning.
Massey is ranked in the world’s top 150 universities for education in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) ranking.
Majors or endorsements
- Master of Education (E-Learning)
- Master of Education (Early Years)
- Master of Education (Educational Administration and Leadership)
- Master of Education (Inclusive Education)
- Master of Education (Literacy Education)
- Master of Education (Māori Education)
- Master of Education (Mathematics Education)
- Master of Education (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Leadership)
- Master of Education (Teaching and Learning)
- Master of Education (Tertiary Education)
You will enhance and advance your career, depending on your specialisation, in areas such as:
- Education settings (early childhood to tertiary levels)
- TESOL settings
- Kaiwhakaako Maori
- Special education
- Professional training and development roles within organisations (eg, teaching hospitals, businesses, community organisations, libraries)
- Leadership roles in centres/schools and post-school settings
- Learning and instructional design
- Research and policy development
Before enrolling for this Degree, you shall:
- meet the University admission requirements as specified, and shall have:
- been awarded or qualified for the Bachelor of Education with a grade average in the highest level courses of at least a B, or equivalent; or
- been awarded or qualified for any other Bachelors degree with a grade average in the highest level courses of at least a B, or equivalent, and hold a professional qualification in teaching; or
- been awarded or qualified for any other Bachelors degree with a grade average in the highest level courses of at least a B, or equivalent, and have professional experience relevant to the intended postgraduate subject; or
- been awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Education, or equivalent, with a grade average across all courses of at least B (Coursework pathway) or at least a B+ (Research pathway).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 30, 2018