BRAC INSTITUTE OF EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The BRAC Institute of Educational Development, BRAC University has been involved in the field of education since its establishment in 2004 as a part of BRAC and BRAC University. Since its inception, it has been contributing to the overall improvement of the national education system in Bangladesh. Over the years it has been flourishing by taking on new challenges and opportunities in fulfilling the overarching societal goals of fighting poverty, building human capital and enabling people to realize their potential.
BIED, BU aims to improve quality, equity and efficiency in the education system through research and development, capacity-building and training, policy dialogue and advocacy.
Masters of Education (MEd)
The nationally recognized MEd/PGD is a one-year program that provides government officials, private individuals and working professionals a rich and diverse learning environment to explore educational theory and practice within a Bangladeshi context. Its tailored pedagogy also helps develop students’ competencies in areas such as leadership and management, academic and educational research, curriculum and development, advanced skills in communication, critical thinking and analysis to lead to whole school improvement.
- Mid-career professionals working in government educational system and institutions, as well as in NGO and private educational institutions.
- Applicants must have a total of 15 years of study and at least a bachelor’s degree from a recognized/accredited institution in any discipline (with no third class/division or CGPA below 2.5. English is the medium of instruction and applicant must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- EDU 501: Educational Theories and Practices: A critique
- EDU 502: Leading Improvements in Education: Ongoing Work in Bangladesh
- EDU 503: Creating Learning Organisations: Leadership, Planning, and Management
- EDU 504: Research Methods 1: Reading Research and Writing Reports
- EDU 505: Principles of Curriculum and the Development of Learning Materials
- EDU 506: Leaders as Learners: Leading People in Educational Institutions
- EDU 507: Leaders as Learners: How Children and Adults Learn
- EDU 508: Educational Measurement and Evaluation
- EDU 509: Whole School Improvement Approach: How Can We Make It Work?
- EDU 601: Improving Outcomes in Bangladeshi Schools: A Case Study
- EDU 602: Research Methods 2: Planning and Preparing Research
- EDU 603: Masters Thesis
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 11, 2018