Our unique Masters of Education in Teaching and Adult Learning program is designed for candidates who wish to develop skills in teaching adult learners in higher education and involves relevant and current coursework with an emphasis on collaborative learning experiences. Come join us at our beautiful Harrogate, TN campus!
The Master of Education program includes relevant academic content courses with extensive embedded clinical experiences resulting in a strong theory into practice instructional model. Candidates enter and move through the program as a cohort, engaging in individual and group projects resulting in a cohesive professional learning community. This program is based on a Professional Learning Community Collaborate model that allows colleagues or family members wishing to participate in the program together may send applications collectively to Harrogate or apply online.
This Master Degree Program is especially advantageous for International Students as unlike other advanced degree offerings it is a concentrated program requiring just one year to complete. For busy professionals this means less time away from work and lower cost of living expenses studying in the USA.
In addition, Lincoln Memorial University has been ranked safest college campus. Please see the following-
MEd in Teaching and Adult Learning Overview
This new program is for candidates who wish to develop skills in teaching adult learners in higher education. This program is designed to include an overview of educational philosophy, research, pedagogical practices, and field experience in the higher education classroom. This program is designed for international graduate students as well as domestic students who wish to develop engaging teaching skills.
The purpose of the proposed curriculum is to provide a rich background in how adults learn, best teaching practices, strategies in higher education classroom teaching, and methods of research in content areas and adult learning.
The MEd classes are offered at the LMU Main Campus: 6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway Harrogate, TN 37752 The MEd program description:
- Includes 36 semester hours of successful coursework
- Consists of three semesters, beginning Fall 2019 and completing in Summer 2020
Initial Program Admittance Criteria (Level 1)
- Complete and submit program application by the July 15, 2019 deadline
Graduate Application at https://applynow.lmunet.edu/
- Submit $50 non-refundable application fee
- Request 1 official transcripts for your Bachelor Degree
- Request 1 official transcripts for any coursework since your Bachelor Degree
- Admission Interview
- Writing sample International Students (additional requirements to be met)
- Evaluated Transcript for all Undergraduate and Graduate level coursework by one of the organizations below:
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Appropriate admissions scores from one of the following tests:
o TOEFL – Min 71
o IELTS – Min 6.0
- Copy of Passport information page Level 2 Program Admittance (Before completion of 9 Credit Hours or December 2019):
- Advisor-Approved Program of Study – (will be provided at registration)
- Acknowledgement of Receipt of Guidelines – (will be provided at registration)
- Appropriate admissions scores (within the last 5 years) for the GRE – http://www.ets.org/gre o LMU will provide GRE prep courses for students, if needed.
About the School
Our nation's beloved 16th president, Abraham Lincoln, was a native of neighboring Kentucky. But you might not know that he envisioned "a great university for the people of this area" here in the Cumbe ... Read More