The Master in Education program specializing in Teaching English as a Second Language is intended to prepare a professional with theoretical and practical knowledge that will allow you to improve the quality of teaching and learning English.
- EDUC 619 Professional Experiences Seminar
- EDUC 501 Principles and Curriculum Development
- EDUC 504 Leadership, Communication and Teamwork
- EDUC 550 Acquisition of a Second Language
- EDUC 551 The Reading Process
- EDUC 553 Language, Cognition and Development of the English as a Second Language Curriculum
- EDUC 554 The Use of Computers in Teaching English as a Second Language
- EDUC 564 Applied Linguistics for Teachers of English as a Second Language
- EDUC 566 Methodology of teaching English as a Second Language
- EDUC 704 The Teaching of Writing: Theory and Practice
- EDUC 600 Educational Research Methods
- EDUC 630 Statistics for pedagogical research
- EDUC 602 Thesis Seminar or EDUC 617 Research Project in the Educational Scenario
Minimum graduation GPA of 3.0
It is recommended that the student review the current Certification Regulations of the Teaching Personnel of the Department of Education of Puerto Rico to ensure that they take the courses for the certification that interests them.
The comprehensive exam is a graduation requirement of the Graduate Program. The EDUC 604 course: Knowledge Integration Seminar can replace this exam.
NeONBRAND / Unsplash
About the School
Con una trayectoria de más de 40 años, la Universidad Ana G. Méndez, Recinto de Gurabo (antes Universidad del Turabo) es la institución privada de educación superior de más rápido crecimiento en el pa ... Read More