Master of Education Program
The Master of Education program is a professional preparation program designed to build the leadership capacity of regional public and private schools. A result of years of discussion and planning, the M.Ed. program was developed in collaboration with school district personnel and regional advisory groups. After a thorough analysis of local needs, two areas of specialization were identified: Reading Specialist and Educational Leadership.
Geared Towards Working Professionals
- Offered in the evening hours, Monday through Thursday, during the regular academic year.
- Offered in morning, afternoon and evening hours, during the summer break.
- Taught by full-time faculty and adjunct professors.
- Enrollment has been managed to allow for constructive individual attention.
The members of our full-time faculty have held positions in public and/or private education and continue to be engaged in ongoing consulting with other educators. Most of our adjunct professors are currently working in their chosen fields and, therefore, are a valuable resource to the program. By design, the York College M.Ed. model creates continuous opportunities for collaboration and mentoring. Course and field experiences are authentic and directly applicable to the realities of education today.
- A completed Graduate Studies application, accompanied by the required non-refundable application fee and a statement of applicant’s professional and academic goals.
- An official undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate transcript(s) (demonstrating acceptable academic performance).
- A Praxis, GRE or MATscore (within the past ten years*).
- Two completed recommendation forms with attached letter of reference.
- Letter from current Supervisor verifying two years of satisfactory teaching experience (regardless of the location of teaching experience).
- Memorandum of Understanding between applicant’s School District and YCP (Educational Leadership/Principal Certification candidates only).
- Copy of Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate.
- Current Professional Resume.
- Completed Health and Medical Record Packet.
- An interview with the Graduate Admissions Committee.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 30, 2018