Structure and Content
This course addresses learning in schools, workplaces and community. It connects research and practice in order to make you a stronger thinker, an engaged practitioner and an advanced specialist in a field of education.
The course addresses the professional learning needs of educators, educational administrators, managers, policy makers and others interested or involved in learning and education or educational work in the wider community, whether based locally or internationally. You will broaden your knowledge of key learning constructs, deepen your professional learning in specialist areas and advance your capacity as a professional inquirer.
Students are required to complete 4 units (2 Core + 2 Electives ) out of the following units listed below:
- Developing Learners and Learning
- Professional Project
Electives (Choose 2 units out of 5)
- Understanding Inclusion in Learning Communities
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Leading Organisational Decision-Making
- Inner Leadership: Understanding Self and Others
- Building Partnership with Families and communities
Duration: 12 months part-time (4 units, 48 points to complete)
- A bachelor degree in a related field and a minimum of two years relevant professional experience.
- A four-year bachelor (honours) degree and/or graduate certificate and/or graduate diploma in any field and a minimum of two years relevant professional experience.
- Applicants with other professional qualifications and work experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants who do not meet the Master admission may be given the entry into the Graduate Certificate of Educational Studies. Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate of Education Studies with a credit average, students will be admitted into the 4 units’ Master directly.
Each term is a 3-month period covering 1 course of study. Each unit consists of 20 contact hours and will be conducted on week 4 or week 5 of the term, from Thursday till Sunday, after office hours in the evenings and/or over the weekends/public holidays.
Graduation and Degree
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Master of Education from Monash University.
The Degree awards will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
Program taught in: